Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Don't take it to a movie or a nice dinner. Just a hiking trip or, if you get to know her, an overnight camping trip. Double dating can be fun, if the other guy has one that isn't too flashy :mrgreen:

on the serious side, the older Remingtons use a set of numbers/letters on the barrel
http://www.remingtonsociety.com/questio ... OWDERX.htm

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
azmick said:
Don't take it to a movie or a nice dinner. Just a hiking trip or, if you get to know her, an overnight camping trip. Double dating can be fun, if the other guy has one that isn't too flashy :mrgreen:
:lol:
How long have you been waiting to say that?

xtm

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I still have my first rifle a Remington 581LH .22lr, I got it when I was 8yrs old. It was made in 1967, and of the three models of 581's made there was a total of the three of 54,000 produced. The other two models were right hand bolts, so taking a guess there were not to many of the left hand bolts made. This was also the only bolt action rimfire that Remington ever offered in left hand as a standard feature.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
This thread is worthless without pictures!
XTM; I have waited a long timw :D

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
azmick said:
This thread is worthless without pictures!
XTM; I have waited a long timw :D
Well I'm not XTM, but I hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Here is my 581LH, and my Walther KKJ(Blondie) named for her blonde stock!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leighton,
That 581 is a beauty! But what are you going to do with the RH bolt on Blondie?
Aren't you a leftie?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
longarm said:
Leighton,
That 581 is a beauty! But what are you going to do with the RH bolt on Blondie?
Aren't you a leftie?
I learned on a right handed bolt shooting left handed, so its not an issue. The only other is a Remington 700DXLH in 30-06.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Speaking of "dating" Remingtons by the barrel letters, I did that yesterday to determine the date of a 700 ADL in 222 Rem Mag that I was pondering buying. Came back at Sept 1963...kinda cool, I was 3 years old when that old 700 was made! And, to make a long story short, I went back to that gunstore and put it on lay-a-way! That danged rifle was just too purdy to let someone else have it! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts