Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Hello all, I recently inherited a JM-625 from my grandfather and I’m trying to get a DOB on this bad boy. The SN is JMP0xxx. Does anybody have a date range on it??
Been doing A little research on the 625JM with JMP serial number prefix. When S&W introduced this version in 2005, they all had a special s/n starting with JMP . As near as I can determine, they ceased this practice and just merged them into the regular serial number range, sometime in the first half of 2009. Your first number after the prefix is a zero so I would think yours is from the first year or 2 of production

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been doing A little research on the 625JM with JMP serial number prefix. When S&W introduced this version in 2005, they all had a special s/n starting with JMP . As near as I can determine, they ceased this practice and just merged them into the regular serial number range, sometime in the first half of 2009. Your first number after the prefix is a zero so I would think yours is from the first year or 2 of production
Awesome, thank you very much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts