Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my friends 325 nightguard smith. this gun is only 3 months old. The problem is that the cylinder wont turn when trying to cock the hammer probably because the hammer wont cock also. ---------- the only time I can get the hammer to cock is if I swing open the cylinder then push the cylinder release latch rearward then the hammer cocks. seems that the pin directly below the firing pin is where the problem lies. if i use a needle and push it rearward then I can cock the hammer. anyone have any advice on how to fix this???

·
Registered
843 Posts
You really need to send it back to Smith you screw around with it and they may blame you.

Len

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
As stated above, just call S&W. They will send you a shipping label to send it to them. As long as the problem didn't stem from abuse or misuise, your friend's issues (with the gun :mrgreen: ) should be repaired free of charge

·
Registered
753 Posts
A free coffee says the cylinder stop (that button on the bottom of the window) is not pulling down fast enough, so it's catching on the cylinder notches.

Because it's new, call S&W. They will send you a free shipping label and in 14 days or less, it will be fixed, mailed right back to your door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts