Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in desperate need of a cylinder catch . I purchased the revolver as a project and it just needs this and. Light touch up blueing . I am making it a present for my father and the only mechanical flaw is the cylinder catch has snapped. I attempted to braze it but it fizzled the tinny piece more so I either have to okie manufacture one from saw blade or hope you his have one! I hope the latter option is their or you know of a place to get one. - Jeff

·
Premium Member
18,762 Posts
welcome01 from.the.Wiregrass! You should look.at gunpartscorp.com. Your cylinder stop is readily available.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Welcome to S&W.

Hope you can find the cylinder catch/latch.

Lots of pretty sharp cookies, here.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cylinder catch

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to S&W.

Hope you can find the cylinder catch/latch.

Lots of pretty sharp cookies, here.

Later, Mark

Yes I see their is some intelligent guys here. The alternative to waiting around and hoping is to manufacture a decent part myself. I've done this with other simple things but it's a gonna be difficult . I despise I could use part of the orginal latch and braze a "thicker" size rear portion. As it snapped right at the location of the latch and the long portion that simply holds it in place and has no spring action or didn't when I received it. Other than this the gun just needs to be cleaned and bead blasted then ill dip in a hot blue and make it look new again. It's not a precise that's worth over a thousand and I didn't pay much so I figure it should live its life as a new firearm again. And be enjoyed. That's my take on these masterpeices of history.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No luck with them either

Try MidwayUSA. And, this Shooting Times article explains how to fit it.
Unfortunately thy also don't carry it. Numrich carried it but are out of stock.i also saw a guy on here in France made one as he had exact same problem. But that post was from a year ago. Here is the part . It's number 8 in the picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,762 Posts
I know the part. The older top break cylinder stops are no longer made by S&W. You might give JackFirstgun.com a call and see if they have some in stock. They make replica parts for a lot of guns and could probably make one for you if they have dimensional info.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have luck! But at a price

I know the part. The older top break cylinder stops are no longer made by S&W. You might give JackFirstgun.com a call and see if they have some in stock. They make replica parts for a lot of guns and could probably make one for you if they have dimensional info.
That website had the part and I'm **** outta luck because my manufacture if it sucks lol so the price will have to be eaten at the sacrifice of my stupidity . Thanks for the company info .

·
Premium Member
18,762 Posts
I hope you get it together. Remember, we like pictures here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update I have all products I need for Finnish blueing and in addition the part is on its way . Lets hope this gets here before Christmas . It's gonna be a sweet gift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts