Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mike and I was gifted an old .32 revolver 6shot (.32 ctg) engraved on barrel with serial number 35586. It's a nice almost chrome gun with a pearl Handel (not known if real pearl or not yet) I would love some information on this beautiful piece. Possibly the age, primary use, value and maybe some other information you would like to pass on to a young collector. Thanks for Lal your help in advance. P.s. I did all my inspection before and then reloaded but forgot pics so that's only reason it's loaded.

Attachments

Registered
Happy new year mate. Nice looking gun, some will jump in soon and answer your question.

thewelshm

Registered
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Registered
Welcome to the S&W forums. From what I found it looks like 1904 to 1906 time line. It's hard to tell from your Pics but it might be Regulation Police 1st change. Serial # 19426 to 51126 with 31,700 made. Pics of the whole gun would be better. Nice old S&W but I don't know about value and your gun is Blued not chrome.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the S&W forums. From what I found it looks like 1904 to 1906 time line. It's hard to tell from your Pics but it might be a 3rd model Regulation Police. Pics of the whole gun would be better. Nice old S&W but I don't know about value and your gun is Blued not chrome.
Thank you I will attach while pic in a few minutes. Now what exactly does blued ?mean

Premium Member
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You have a .32 Hand Ejector, Model of 1903, 1st Change from around 1905. It is not a Regulation Police which didn't come out until 1917. The grips are mother of pearl but not factory. Your gun's finish is called "bluing" because the steel has gone through a process that converts the surface layer of steel into a form of rust that is blue instead of red. It is mostly decorative and not protective as it doesn't prevent the gun from rusting. At the time this gun was made, you could get it in blue as well as nickel finishes with nickel being more prevalent as it handled moisture and thus rusting better. The MOP grips have more value than the original hard rubber grips it came with. All together it values at about $300.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You have a .32 Hand Ejector, Model of 1903, 1st Change from around 1905. It is not a Regulation Police which didn't come out until 1917. The grips are mother of pearl but not factory. Your gun's finish is called "bluing" because the steel has gone through a process that converts the surface layer of steel into a form of rust that is blue instead of red. It is mostly decorative and not protective as it doesn't prevent the gun from rusting. At the time this gun was made, you could get it in blue as well as nickel finishes with nickel being more prevalent as it handled moisture and thus rusting better. The MOP grips have more value than the original hard rubber grips it came with. All together it values at about $300.
Thank you ve y much for your awesome reply sir.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts