Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
13,757 Posts
Thanks, for welcoming me to the S&W community! I own a couple of S&W hand guns and I love 'em. Question: Is it OK to inquire about other firearms, as well? I have an Arisaka type 99 I inherited from my gramps from his WWII days. If not, that's OK, happy to be here.
Howdy Bordo:

If you check the Forums Menu, you'll undoubtedly find the right category for most subjects you'd like to address. This is a friendly group and if you should mis categorize the subject matter, someone will give you a hand (or info).

Best Regards,

Geezer

· Premium Member
13,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Inquire away. Many forums for many areas of interest.

One of the many items my Dad brought home from the Pacific area following WWII.
Wood Auto part Nickel Fashion accessory Metal

Not the cat. She came later.

· Registered
2,560 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

View attachment 588884

BTW, very cool!
Welcome from Maine! I lived in Sandy, UT for a few years. What city are you from?
Welcome from Maine! I lived in Sandy, UT for a few years. What city are you from?
-Same, been living here in Sandy about 20 years, not from here originally, but, in spit of a few quirky things, it's a great state. Most of the people are very friendly, the mountains are georgeous, S. Utah is spectacular and there's no shortage of outdoor activities from which to choose. Thanks for the warm welcome, Guntha!

· Registered
251 Posts
BTW, very cool!

-Same, been living here in Sandy about 20 years, not from here originally, but, in spit of a few quirky things, it's a great state. Most of the people are very friendly, the mountains are georgeous, S. Utah is spectacular and there's no shortage of outdoor activities from which to choose. Thanks for the warm welcome, Guntha!
I had a house on E. Diamond Way, just north of Sego Lily Drive (2006-2015). One of those quirky things is having to pay for the instant background check if you don't have a CCP, and not having to do the instant background check if you do. I do miss the gun shows in Sandy and Gallenson's gun shop up in Salt Lake. That's were I got most of my reloading stuff.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

View attachment 588884

"Not the cat?" (lol)
Brown Sleeve Rectangle Wood Creative arts
Table Couch Wood Sleeve Picture frame
Wood Bicycle part Camera accessory Carbon Hardwood
Musical instrument Wood Air gun Shotgun Floor

Is that a type 30 bayonet? Very cool. My gramps picked up an Arisaka type 99 rifle with a bayonet while he was on a scout mission in Saipan. Both in very good condition and the 99 shoots great. Here are a couple of pics.

· Premium Member
13,497 Posts
"Not the cat?" (lol) View attachment 589107 View attachment 589109 View attachment 589111 View attachment 589114
Is that a type 30 bayonet? Very cool. My gramps picked up an Arisaka type 99 rifle with a bayonet while he was on a scout mission in Saipan. Both in very good condition and the 99 shoots great. Here are a couple of pics.
Maybe he knew my dad. Dad was also at Saipan on board an LCI gunboat. They supported the Marine landings. He picked up a samurai sword, I think an Ariska rifle (his had the bayonet permanently attached under the muzzle and it swung up and out and locked. The bayonet in my earlier post, from what I remember him saying, is a training bayonet. One of the few stories he told me about the war was while on Saipan and before his ship sailed to Guam for that invasion he made a beer run through the jungle. On the way back to the ship he fell into a shell hole and screwed up his back. He celebrated his 30th birthday during the Guam invasion. His ship got shot up by Jap 75mm shore batteries and half the crew was killed or wounded. Dad never got a scratch. He fired the rockets from the ship to shore as the Marines were 1,000 yards from the beach.

His ship enroute Guam
Water Boat Watercraft Ship Vehicle

You can see the rockets forward of amidships. More racks were on the port side as well.

Water Vehicle Wood Black-and-white Watercraft

1 - 20 of 24 Posts