Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm not new to guns but I'm fairly new to Smith and Wesson guns. I owned a Keltec PF-9 that I was simply unhappy with, terrible trigger pull, and I was ready to put the gun away after about 50 rounds at the range. Traded an unused revolver last year for a S&W Shield in 9mm with 3 spare mags, and boy I'm hooked. Terrific trigger pull, smooth, and the gun functions beautifully. It's my primary daily carry gun now.

I was at a gun show 3 months ago and ran across a M&P .40 cal, for $325. I snapped it up quickly. It's my first 40 and I've got some reloads now for it and I'm ready to take her out and see how she shoots.

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:cool:

Reactions: timcolr

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Howdy... glad to see another fan of the .40 S&W here. I've never understood why the .40 S&W has become so unpopular now, when at one time it was the pistol cartridge to have.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy... glad to see another fan of the .40 S&W here. I've never understood why the .40 S&W has become so unpopular now, when at one time it was the pistol cartridge to have.
I've never had anything against the 40, I just had never gotten around to owning one. I've seen it called the Short and Weak, but thousands of police departments can't be that wrong. I think it's on a downslide because hollowpoints perform much better nowadays, and you can carry more 9mm than 40 cal in the same size magazine....it's probably that simple. I don't think that's a good reason to spurn a perfectly good cartridge.

Having said all of that, I'm more of a 45 guy myself, but I still dabble in the 357 magnum too. That's the first round I shot with, all those years ago.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Hi The Texan,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Welcome from up in the Panhandle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the warm welcome ! Seems like a nice bunch of folks here.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hello TheTexan and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Enjoy!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts