Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! As the screen name states, I am a 1911 guy, but I have been bitten by the revolver bug. I also have a keen interest for AR-15s and a growing interest for AKs. My interest for revolvers is heavily centered around S&Ws with a dose of Colt love as well. At the moment the only revolver I own is an old German SAA copy in 22LR that once belonged to my great grandmother. I look forward to expanding my knowledge of the revolver platform as well as my revolver collection.

Here are a few of my babies.

-Chad

·
Registered
15,393 Posts
Welcome from north Florida!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Welcome from Illinois!

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Greetings from FL Mate!

thewelshm

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!:cool:

Reactions: 1911_Chad

·
Registered
283 Posts

And remember wheelies love 45acp too!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Premium Member
11,570 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chad.

Get your start with a solid veteran .38 Revolver like a four inch Model 10. Try and find one made before the internal lock like a model 10-11 or earlier.

That or one of the surplus model 65 or 66 stainless revolvers coming onto the market from police agency turn ins. Several online dealers have recently listed some of these. Some are a real bargain, and still in quite good condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the forum, Chad.

Get your start with a solid veteran .38 Revolver like a four inch Model 10. Try and find one made before the internal lock like a model 10-11 or earlier.

That or one of the surplus model 65 or 66 stainless revolvers coming onto the market from police agency turn ins. Several online dealers have recently listed some of these. Some are a real bargain, and still in quite good condition.
A 3" Model 65 is definitely on the top of my want list. I think they are a great size and they are so clean looking. However, I have found and purchased my first S&W....I'm just waiting on it to be delivered to my FFL. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts