Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the short version of the story: I was born and raised in North Central Kansas. Was in sports and music, state champs in Wrestling and Track, and excelled in music, studying voice and piano. I chose music over sports scholarships, went to Bethany College in Lindsborg, KS for a couple of years. Decided I'd rather work in Law Enforcement than keep going to college. Worked for a sheriff as a jailer for several months, took a civil service test, and was hired by the State of Kansas to be a Corrections Officer for the KDOC. I went to work at the Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility for 3 and 1/2 years. Decided I wanted to work on the street, so I applied for a job with a PD, and was hired in a small town. I moved on to work for Sheriff Departments in larger counties. I had a great 10 yrs as a LEO, but got burned out. Left KS for St. Louis in 1999. Sang professionally for a short time (bucket list), then moved to KY to be with my wife-to-be. Struggled to find a solid career, but ended up landing in Healthcare. I'm now a Healthcare Exec for a large company that owns hospitals in several states. I love shooting, and I've learned to build some pretty great ARs. Right now I'm in a collecting phase, primarily quality S&W Revolvers and Semi-Auto Pistols.

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NW Pennsylvania!:)

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your enabling center of excellence!

Start with your favorite S&W handgun, and get a good one. If you take your time, especially at the many gun shows and large dealers in Kentucky, you'll find some gems.

Here's some S&W goodness to get your started. A nice factory chrome Model 10-8 with Ahrends grips.

SWChrome10.jpg

"Smooth" is it's middle name.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a nice welcome you have all provided! Thanks so much, I truly appreciate it. 😎👍🏻

1 - 19 of 19 Posts