Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A good friend and fellow S&W guy lives about 5 min. from Powell's if you want someone to check on the price and condition. I'm pretty sure Bill is only open one day a week now.
I would appreciate that....If pics are possible that would be really great

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Mark did you recall what the finish and price was on the one at Powell's?
Hey Ranger,

Believe it was Nickel. It was in the "Presentation Case".

Not sure of the price. Mr. Powell will "haggle".

Later, Mark

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Pittsburgher. I have this one for sale if you're interested.
Hey Series,

Wow! What a nice 629!

If it is still "lingering" in your safe for the next couple of weeks...........shoot me a PM.

Really like the "unfluted" cylinder, and the "Classic" design.

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Just thinking about Washington PA. Those native to did not like the reference of "Little Washington" I use to visit Aces often on my way back from the PA Office of Deep Mine Safety located in Uniontown. Its probably been thrifty years or so since Ace relocated to their present location. The older location was if memory serves me correctly near the courthouse (more downtown). You walked in the door it was long and narrow with wall racks of fire arms that almost went to the ceiling.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome from Clarksville TN.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Here's another welcome from a fellow Pennswoods native.W ent to Mars High, about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh, now reside in Carlisle. That's a nice little 2" kit gun in your avatar. I have a 4" model that is as old as me but in better shape! :D Good luck in your search for a 29. If the "enablers" here can't help find you a suitable specimen, then nobody can.

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Here's another welcome from a fellow Pennswoods native.W ent to Mars High, about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh, now reside in Carlisle. That's a nice little 2" kit gun in your avatar. I have a 4" model that is as old as me but in better shape! :D Good luck in your search for a 29. If the "enablers" here can't help find you a suitable specimen, then nobody can.

John
A 29-2 would make my New Year!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts