Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and Merry Christmas! New to this forum but I'm a member of the Colt Forum and the 1911 forum. I'm mostly into Colts but I do own a 2" .22LR Model of 1953 Kit gun ...4 screw I believe. Its in really nice shape and fun to shoot. I do love the Model 29's and I'm considering purchasing one. Any advice on the model 29 would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
Hello all and Merry Christmas! New to this forum but I'm a member of the Colt Forum and the 1911 forum. I'm mostly into Colts but I do own a 2" .22LR Model of 1953 Kit gun ...4 screw I believe. Its in really nice shape and fun to shoot. I do love the Model 29's and I'm considering purchasing one. Any advice on the model 29 would be appreciated.
Hey Ranger,

Welcome to S&W.

Was to Powell's today, and he has an 8-3/8" M-29. (Penn Hills)

Keep an eye on Ace's used page. (Little Washington) Ace's posts their used firearms on their Web Page.

Would do well to give Braverman's a call. (Wilkinsburg)

The .44 Mag (like all Magnum revolvers) really benefits from barrel length. The longer barrel gives more velocity, and a bit less muzzle blast, when using full power loads.

For hunting, a good shoulder or chest holster is in order.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Welcome from the NC mountains (formerly from the Allegheny Valley). I go along with Mark's recommendations on barrel length for the reasons he stated. The Classic models of the "29" have an endurance package that will stand up to hot loads better than the original model-29s. I believe the Classics all have a barrel underlug.

The Classic model.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Welcome from across the steelmaking state! Always good to have another PA shooter around. I'm a Colt and 1911 shooter/collector too.

Go Steelers!

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida.

Regards,

FlaRon

IMG_1178.jpg Sunset on the St. Lucie River

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Ranger,

Welcome to S&W.

Was to Powell's today, and he has an 8-3/8" M-29. (Penn Hills)

Keep an eye on Ace's used page. (Little Washington) Ace's posts their used firearms on their Web Page.

Would do well to give Braverman's a call. (Wilkinsburg)

The .44 Mag (like all Magnum revolvers) really benefits from barrel length. The longer barrel gives more velocity, and a bit less muzzle blast, when using full power loads.

For hunting, a good shoulder or chest holster is in order.

Later, Mark

Mark did you recall what the finish and price was on the one at Powell's?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts