Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Kevin. I'm out of St Clairsville and woodsfield currently but frequent Cambridge to Columbus.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thanks Kevin. I'm out of St Clairsville and woodsfield currently but frequent Cambridge to Columbus.
I built the Rite Aids in that area and remodeled the CVS stores in a previous career.

Mused to be a couple of good shops in Cambridge, a pawn shop by 70 and a little shop out in the woods.

Kevin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Kevin. I'm curious what gun shops you speak of and what time frame? There was county coins and collectibles on 209, the main drag off of 70. Three are no longer open. They moved several years ago when someone loaded a shell in a shotgun and committed suicide in the store. Then they lost their ffl, although I never really knew why. They were decent folks and a couple work at the fmj shooting range now.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hi Kevin. I'm curious what gun shops you speak of and what time frame? There was county coins and collectibles on 209, the main drag off of 70. Three are no longer open. They moved several years ago when someone loaded a shell in a shotgun and committed suicide in the store. Then they lost their ffl, although I never really knew why. They were decent folks and a couple work at the fmj shooting range now.
Trying to remember back 3 decades. There was a group of shops and restaurants near 77 and 70. The gun shop was near there. The one in the sticks, beats the heck out of me. I was working a job and in town for two weeks. I would drive around the area just to have something to do after work. It could have been 50 miles away.

Sorry.

Kevin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'd guarantee in that time frame and vicinity, it was county coins. They moved further down 209 after that incident but that place ended up being a cashland. I did find a nice deal on a couple guns there from a former county coins employee. Others work elsewhere now, know a lot, but unfortunately less than they think. Not much room for humility at the gun counter....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts