Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Civil War Era Weapons
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and look forward to being on this forum.

I just bought a Civil War era Model 1 that should be here by this coming Saturday. Looking forward to disassembling it and cleaning it.
Where can I find drawings and buy any part needed?

Here is a photo of it sent to me last night:

Revolver Wood Gun accessory Everyday carry Household hardware

· Premium Member
22,746 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! I suppose that is the only picture you have. Something looks funny on the extractor rod. But it's probably a shadow. Anyway, congrats on acquiring a Civil War engraved Model 1! To my knowledge...which admittedly is limited on this model...there are no schematics or parts available unless they are taken off a donor gun or made in a machine shop. Before you do too much disassembly and cleaning, you might want to converse with Mike Helms (alias: first-model). He is an expert on the Model 1 and can tell you what not to do. He may even be able to tell you specifics about your gun. You can find him on the Blue S&W Forum.

· Registered
2,447 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

· Registered
2,266 Posts
That is pretty nice needs some tlc. This is mine grips off someone wanted to see the internals and a model 1 with a model M. The engraving on yours suggest something more than a run of the mill pistol. Enjoy I like the old ones
Dan

Attachments

· Registered
45,628 Posts
Welcome from Florida! Nice acquisition!

Reactions: Curt360

· Registered
40,531 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts