Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've never even set foot in NM, but I'll be living 18 miles from the border when I move to AZ. NM was also on my short list and I plan on spending a lot of time exploring your beautiful state. I love New England, but I think my soul belongs to the Southwest!

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I've never even set foot in NM, but I'll be living 18 miles from the border when I move to AZ. NM was also on my short list and I plan on spending a lot of time exploring your beautiful state. I love New England, but I think my soul belongs to the Southwest!
With your attitude, you will be welcomed wherever you go. I recall an old story my parents told me.

There was an old dry goods/grocery/gas station on the edge of a dusty southwestern town. Every now and again a car full of household goods, towing a trailer full of same, family bundled into the car, would pull in for gas. The proprietor would ask where they were heading, and they'd tell him. Then they'd ask what the folks were like out where they were going. He'd respond with "what were they like where you came from?"

Seems whether they loved the folks they were leaving and sad to leave them behind, or if they hated those scumbags and couldn't wait to get out of that town, his answer was the same. "Yep, you're gonna find folks are just like that in your new town, too".

Texas has so many different areas - something like 7 distinct regions, so you can take your pick. AZ has its charms too, from desert to near-alpine regions. Of the 2, AZ is the absolute poster-boy state for "gun-friendly". Texas is a tad down the list, but well higher than I think any NE state besides Vermont. As I recall, VT was the only NE state to recognize the TX CHL permit. As far as forum members, it's gonna be impossible to pick the friendliest of the very many very friendly guys here - but there appears to be a concentration of 'em in AZ. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Again, welcome!!

Reactions: veprjack

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hi veprjack,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
True words!

The Southwest is a very special place.

Right now, Mao-tse-chusetts is still bad. Vermont has been friendly for a long time. Maine and NH both allow carrying without a license. I'm not sure about reciprocity, but I believe it's pretty good.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Welcome from the road!! Been just about everywhere, AZ and Texas are hard to beat!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The SW in general has always called me - and this time I'm answering! :) I want to get settled in out there while my legs can still hike/hunt.

Thanks for the welcome "cowboy"!

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You certainly picked the right forum to help you with your addiction.
We'll be more than happy to enable you through a few other acquisitions.
Once you've got that effort down pat, we anticipate you'll become a 1st class enabler as well.

Enjoy your stay, and guard your wallet with vigor.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the warm welcomes from the Southwest!

I just got home with my second Shield9 and I couldn't be more excited. The first one had the safety and a 10.5 pound Mao-tse-chusetts trigger - but I'm keeping it for the range and for training. This new one has a sweet trigger around 6 pounds, nice and crisp - and I prefer not to have a safety on my carry gun.

I also bought (darn addiction) a rubberdummies target that I'm itching to fill full of holes. His name is Oscar and he seems to be very nervous...

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts