Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all! Not sure how I've been missing this forum. But now I'm here.

For many years I was mostly into polymer hi-cap guns. A gun to me back then was just a tool. I'd shoot at the range mostly just to keep my skill level up. Then for my 60th birthday last year I decided I'd buy myself a 1911. Always wanted one but never got around to it. Well, that changed things for me. The 1911 I bought was a DW Kodiak, a 10mm long slide.
I fell in love with the trigger and the feel of an all steel gun. None of my plastic guns ever put a smile on my ugly mug like this.

Since then I've bought more Dan Wesson 1911's and a Guncrafter, a couple of Nighthawks and a Colt. I also bought a couple of Henry lever actions and a S&W 686 Plus 3 inch. Some of the guns I've sold to fund something else I wanted more.

I really like my 686. I wasn't so keen on wheel guns this being my first one. It's a -6 model. Going back I'd of held off for a -2 or anything else without the lock. But I have it now and I'm not planning to sell it. It's now my EDC.

I've just started looking for a pre lock L/K frame in 357. Anyhow, here is a pic of my 686.

I look forward to being a member of this forum, thanks.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: MarkInTX and OldCuz

·
Registered
15,303 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I really like your 686-6. I have one just like it as well as a 2.5" 686-6 and a no dash 4" along with a no dash 6". While many do not care for the revolvers with locks, they are still the best you can buy..with the exception of the older models

1 - 11 of 11 Posts