Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Just picked up a J-frame Model 642 this week. My Sig Sauer M18 was getting lonely. :)

I've been around S&W for a while - carried a 4" 357 daily for a couple of years when I worked on an armored car as a youngster.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Reactions: timcolr

·
Premium Member
13,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll like your snub J frame.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. You'll like your snub J frame.
Thanks! I can't wait to find ammo to be able to shoot it. There isn't any 38 Special within 50 miles of me.

Reactions: timcolr

·
Super Moderator
19,907 Posts
Welcome from a former Michigan resident. I hope you find this forum informative, entertaining, and friendly. Feel free to come back often, join the conversations an post a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hello JP1 and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Have a 642 myself and carry it everyday!!! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: MarkInTX and JP1

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: MarkInTX and JP1

·
Registered
19,413 Posts
Good ,luck with finding ANY factory munitions. You'll need it. Me, I have a couple thousand primed cases ready to load when I get the time because I planned ahead. Those that didn't, well, sucks to be you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good ,luck with finding ANY factory munitions. You'll need it. Me, I have a couple thousand primed cases ready to load when I get the time because I planned ahead. Those that didn't, well, sucks to be you.
Yep. It took me days to find a single box of JHP 38 Special online (none local), and I don't even want to say what I paid for it. Luckily, I have enough 9mm on hand to last me for a long time.

·
Registered
19,413 Posts
9mm is way too diminutive of a round for me. I do shoot rimfire 22 and 17hmr but for the real stuff, smallest I have and shoot is a 45 in a handgun and 338 in a long gun. 9mm's look like good and plenty's to me.... :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts