Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I come from a long line of LEO's and have been fortunate to be in possession of my Grandfather's S&W Registered Magnum. The story is more compelling to me, than the metal, and I certainly appreciate the history of this beautiful revolver. More recently. I submitted a request, and Mr Jinks has confirmed the authenticity for me. The only thing I'm missing is the box. I'm wondering, once I go, if passing this down to my only son (non LEO) would have the same significance that I grew up with, talking to my now deceased Dad. And beleive me the stories were great. My son never met his Great Grandfather, and couldn't tell the significant difference between my G19, and the RM. No fault of his own, he's a great kid. The propencity for being a cop never hit him, and thats definitely ok. So take a look, and let me know what you think. Thanks, and Hello to you all, Thanks for having me.

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! That's a beautiful Magnum! Congratulations!

Guy

·
Registered
27,108 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing the pics of that fine revolver, we like that here. Great info and good info here.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hi BigMac038,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your registered magnum is a beautiful and valuable gun. I see more that have the original box than I do those with the registration certificate and it's in fantastic shape. Having the cardboard tube for it is a bonus

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
19,899 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That Registered Magnum is a real beauty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcomes, and greetings! My Grandfater purchased this in August of 1939. My Dad was 9, and Grampa passed about 7 years later. It's been shot, but after the passing, my Dad packed it away. I had seen it a few times in my life, but when dad got older he gifted me this along with several other trophy guns, as my grandfater was a competitve shooter. In storage it laid, as it still does today. My dad, before he passed away, always said, listen if you want to sell it, go ahead. As a family in Law Enforcement, this heirloom will always remain in my family, should my son choose after my passing, pray to God. For the time being, I would love to find a secure (fort knox level) display case, so anyone that visits can enjoy the sights, and perhaps put up with me bragging about a legend that was J.F.Mc Jr, though I had never met him. I would certainly love to look at this everyday that I could without going into the safe. If anyone has any recommendations, any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again, everyone!

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
I suggest going to eBay and searching on glass countertop display cases. See if one fits in with what you want to display including the registration and other paperwork. Many of them are locking to keep folks from fondling the displayed items. To support the gun, look for clear acrylic gun stands. Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.
State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas!
Beautiful gun!
Neither of my boys are as interested in guns as I am. They both own 2-3 handguns and rifles and are familiar with guns and shooting. Girls, college and now working for a living have taken their toll. They have both expressed and interest in some of mine. Hang on to yours, he may surprise you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts