Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, thought I'd introdce myself.
As the title says I'm from Kansas. I'm into firearms, motorcycles, fishing, 12 string guitar and soon to be custom grip making. I inherited a couple of Smiths from my Grandpa who was a policeman. A K38 and a 39-2 that was a retirement present from his department. Hope to learn more about them here. Thanks for having me. :cool:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Welcome aboard...You're gonna like it here!
I love playing the 12 string... very full and beautiful sounding, and it requires little more dexterity than a 6 string... I think most people get scared of the extra 6 strings :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi Max,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. lsk705

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome, I spent ten years in Kansas and the friends I made there are friends still today. Glad your here. Nice avatar too. One of my favorite movies. James

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome guys.
So is this forum created by guys from the other S&W forum?
You guys seem to have known eachother already.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Max,
This forum has been around for 5 or 6 years.

And, yes.. there are a lot of members here who used to belong to the blue forum. And some who still do; people who visit both forums.

Dave, the owner, is a former member of the blue forum also. As am I..

A while back, several members from the blue forum parted ways and joined our forum. And, it seems there are some who feel that this is the forum you end up at if you get kicked off of the blue forum.

However, that's not the case.

While you'll no doubt recognize many people here from the blue forum, this forum has been around a long time and has (in my opinion) some of the best members of any forum you'll find.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
As Carl stated... this is not the land of misfit toys. I was one of the "Dirty Baker's Dozen" from the other forum. I had been banned in March. i also had previously joined this forum, as it was... well... friendlier. I hadn't visited in awhile, and had to rejoin because Dave changed the forum software. That is why you'll notice most people have a joined date of January 20th (?)
Great place to spend time... great people. And as Dave says.. "There are no strangers here, just friends we have not met yet."

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hi, Max
Glad to have you on board!
This site has been around quite a while, and most of our members visit several sites (including Lee's 'blue' forum) regularly.
Enjoy your time here, and post often as you can.
Don
welcome01

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I met Dorothy once. That stupid little dog of hers wouldn't let me cozy up to her, though. Not sure I wanted to after her weird stories about Oz and a phony wizard and a wicked witch. Straw man, Tin man, talking lions...? I thought she was talking about the current political situation. But she wasn't. :wtf: Weird folks you got there in Kansas.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Jamn 44 said:
Welcome, I spent ten years in Kansas and the friends I made there are friends still today. Glad your here. Nice avatar too. One of my favorite movies. James
Paroled, no doubt from Levenworth.... :p ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts