Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, and thanks to accept me here!

I am from Belgium, retired from the Belgian Air Force, I was a C-130 mechanic and I have always loved shooting.
I took over a weapon license last year, the legislation is very strict here, I first bought a browning buckmarck microbull, and I just found an S&W 5906 in almost new condition, too happy because I love this model.
I hope to be able to share with you my passion for S&W, my next purchase will be a revolver in .357.
Looking forward to reading you,

Lionel.

buckmarck.jpg

5906.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,377 Posts
Welcome to the friendliest gun forum on the internet..

You have great taste in top notch pistols. Those two are much to be proud of having in any collection. They look to be in excellent condition too.
I hope to see you back soon, and often.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. Never mind what the rest of these people tell you, East Texas is God's country.

It's great to see that the love of firearms hasn't died out in Europe. With those two you will be welcomed on this forum. Glad that you're here.

·
Registered
22,276 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from NW Pennsylvania!:cool:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hello Lionel and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana, U.S.A. Thanks for the pics, very nice! Enjoy!!

Reactions: long3239

·
Premium Member
10,828 Posts
Hello Lionel, and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your S&W semi-autos.

Many in America don't know the long and deep history Belgium has with firearm design and production.

I recently edited a major biography on Paul Mauser with one of the authors who lives in Belgium. As a result, I've visited Liege and Brussels a number of times in recent years, and very much enjoyed these trips.

I was invited with the authors to present a symposium organized by the Belgium Weapons Collectors Association recently on Mauser at the Curtius Museum in Liege. There is considerable interest in American firearms in Belgium, and I was able to visit one of the most complete private collections of Smith and Wesson handguns while there.

Here are the videos from the symposium. Man people don't know that both Paul and Wilhelm Mauser got their professional start as gunsmith designers while working for Samuel Norris (Remington's representative) in Liege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IjnY42MkuI&list=PLSt4R4WewoASxF0VALbfPiu3hO_QKOxMo

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Welcome. You made good choices with both of those handguns. Good luck on your .357 search. I would recommend you try for a 686 or the blued version, a 586.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome from Western Canada. I hope you enjoy it here online. Our laws are quite strict too for handguns, but nothing like Belgium.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello Lionel, and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your S&W semi-autos.

Many in America don't know the long and deep history Belgium has with firearm design and production.

I recently edited a major biography on Paul Mauser with one of the authors who lives in Belgium. As a result, I've visited Liege and Brussels a number of times in recent years, and very much enjoyed these trips.

I was invited with the authors to present a symposium organized by the Belgium Weapons Collectors Association recently on Mauser at the Curtius Museum in Liege. There is considerable interest in American firearms in Belgium, and I was able to visit one of the most complete private collections of Smith and Wesson handguns while there.

Here are the videos from the symposium. Man people don't know that both Paul and Wilhelm Mauser got their professional start as gunsmith designers while working for Samuel Norris (Remington's representative) in Liege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IjnY42MkuI&list=PLSt4R4WewoASxF0VALbfPiu3hO_QKOxMo
Thanks a lot!
I live in Liege and yes we have a strong history in firearms production.
Near me is the FN factory, where the mauser 89 rifles were manufactured at the end of the 19th century, and which produced many famous models, such as the gp35 hi-power, the FN five-seven, the assault rifles scar and many others. There are also many armourers and a school of armory in Liege.
Happy to know that we are known for our expertise and our passion for weapons :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts