Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm a 48 year old lawyer from Melbourne, Australia (semi-regular visitor to USA on business), and I got hooked onto M&Ps when I attended a few defensive shooting courses and was introduced to them. I am also an amateur photographer and enjoy firearm photography.

Would love to get some advice on something: I have a writing project coming up and I want to rent a place where I can work quietly for between 1-3 months (commencing Feb or Apr 2020). I want to get away from urban areas and distractions, not fussy with exact location as long as in the south (NM, AZ, AL etc). I know there's Airbnb and other options, but I would rather support someone from the shooting community. What's the best way to advertise this to property owners?

M&P small.jpg

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are quite a few members that reside in the states you mentioned for your future getaway and I am sure you'll get a lot of input. :)

·
Registered
19,951 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. I would start by finding an on line real estate service (realtors or such) and look around. Then can look at areas and learn more about them before making your decision. Zillow is one example of independent list of homes by agent or self. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
12,712 Posts
If you scan for real estate management in some of the areas you would like to stay, you'll find management agents that represent property owners that want to offer their homes for short term rentals.

Tell the agent you want someone with a property oriented to hunting and firearms sports. They can contact owners to determine their interest in tenants.

For example, I got this from google searching "Flagstaff rental property management":

Flagstaffpropertymanagement.net

Generally, the properties that are managed this way are oriented toward visitors that want to live in them for extended periods (more than vacation rentals).

·
Registered
23,436 Posts
Welcome from SE AZ. Lots of places around here that should fit the bill. I'd also try Zillow & property management agents. In AZ elevation is directly connected to temperature, the higher the cooler although most anywhere in AZ is nice in the months you mentioned.

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
greetings from FL Mate...

thewelshm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and advice, everyone! Much appreciated.

I was hoping there might be an Airbnb for shooters or some kind of gun-friendly place I could post a classified, but no worries. If you know of someone - esp a shooter - has a room/cabin/place to rent, please get them to message me. I have rented from shooters before and it's been great to have a host who shares my interests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts