Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I am a Texan now, but really just a West Virginia hillbilly come to Texas on a job transfer. I just found this Forum while at work, and was amazed that the censor allowed it through. While I normally collect Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks, I recently was introduced to a new-to-me K-22 (5-screw?) and Model 41 with a lightweight 5" Field barrel. Of course, I found these new treasures only after I had been bitten with the Model 28 and 29-2 bugs. Of course, having a multi-barrel Model 41 just led to the revolvers. Since I have all these fine old-timers, I thought I would try and find a place to learn their history, like I have done with my WWI and WWII weapons. Looks like I have found the place. I like Bullseye and IDPA, so I expect to gain a lot of useful info here. Don't mind my sign-on name, as it is an old joke with my wife about an old girlfriend. Yeah, Amanda is a guy. Sort of like a Boy Named Sue.
Thanks for letting me use the forum!
Amanda

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
We like pictures of anything S&W {hint, hint}, we even like pictures of wrong-directional-rotating cylinder models :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Welcome and Howdy from Idahooooooooooooo

Ain't nothin' bigger than Texas, so I made our state name a bit bigger for you, so you'd feel at home.
Make yourself at comfortable, and post as often as you can.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW!
Thanks for the bestest welcome of any forum I have frequented. Fantastic hospitality!
And some of ya even know about the "wrong-directional-rotating cylinder models. thepuke
Plus you have the best Smilies.
I am preparing myself to enjoy several hours of old threads, and I'll be sure and show off my poor photography skills this weekend. The Model 41 I just picked up with the "Field" barrel should be a good place to start. It may look comforted by a Model 28 and a Model 29, and no, I haven't refinished any of these.
Please have mercy when I ask dumb questions. You know how we are, those of us that know to pull the cylinder release backwards. We have the hardest time in a match using a borrowed Smith :?
Thanks.....Amanda

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi Amanda4461,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. lsk705

1 - 14 of 14 Posts