Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be here.
Amateur gunsmith here.Took some classes years ago at SDI. Now a manufacturing engineer for a major heavy truck manufacturer.
Just here to read, learn and help any way that I can.
Once again, glad to be here.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Welcome from Illinois!

Reactions: MarkInTX

·
Premium Member
13,675 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As a Manufacturing Engineer you make some great contacts - especially for an at home gunsmith.

Keep your eyes out for some major class machine tools... Mills, lathes, etc... I bet you could have a world class shop... A couple of friends on the Luger forum have amazing facilities at home.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Welcome from up in the Panhandle.

Reactions: MarkInTX

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Howdy.

I’m a retired manufacturing engineer. I watched US industry slowly fade away thanks to the execs and politicians in both parties working together shipping industry offshore. In turn, through graft and corruption, they allowed foreign machine tool builders dump their machine tools in the USA killing off most American machine builders.

These are the same old slimy white politicians still in D.C. that successfully killed off American industry and jobs (PS - they are corrupt Democrats and Republicans both).

For those who question this theory, go to your favorite hardware store or farm and ranch store and locate American made tools.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts