Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've lurked and read here for quite a while and figured it was time to say hello and to thank all the posters for the information I've found here.

I bought my first Smith & Wesson in 1982 or so, A beautiful 2 1/2 inch model 66 that I loved dearly and was pretty much convinced was the world's perfect revolver. Unfortunately I was young and stupid and traded that 66 for some other gun that I can't even recall now. I've been mad at myself ever since and have always wanted another but it just never managed to happen for some reason or another.

Yesterday I stopped into a local gun shop and made my way to the revolver case and wonder of wonders there was a 2 1/2 inch model 66-3 in excellent condition just begging to come home with me and I couldn't tell it no.

So after darn near 40 years of regret I've finally got what had become my grail gun and this one is never getting away from me. This revolver joins the Model 25 Classic and model 638 I've had for a few years and will most likely be joined by a nickel model 19 if things work out.

Anyway, Sorry I got a little long winded there I honestly just intended to say hi. :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,774 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Sometimes it can take decades to correct errors of your youth, but now you've taken care of business.

The Model 66 is a great revolver.

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,961 Posts
Hey y'all - welcome! The snub 66/19 make for a pretty good handgun..
I've owned a couple of the 19's - always end up that someone wants it more than I do.

that phenomenon was explained to me several years ago..

i guess i need to get one of the 66's since my stainless guns seem to hang around longer..

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hello BigDogBoogie and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana! Glad you found your long lost 66! Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
11,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts