Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Moose here, WV native, just recently purchased a new to me MP15. Hoping to learn as much as possible about my new firearm. Any affordable first upgrades you would recommend besides ammo and shooting time?

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
welcome01 to the forum.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hi MrMoose,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hello Moose and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!! Enjoy that new rifle!!

·
Registered
27,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NW Pennsylvania!:cool:

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
Welcome to the friendly forum from SEAZ. I wouldn't do anything to it until you shoot it a bunch & see if it would really be improved.

·
Premium Member
12,676 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not one for hanging a bunch of stuff off AR-15 platform rifles. At most, I'd add a red-dot (a good quality one) to an A3 receiver with flat rail top. Get one to co-witness along with flip down sights like those made by Magpul. They are polymer, but good quality.

I don't put lights, lasers, extensions, etc. on my rifles. They add bulk, weight, and just get in the way. Lights disclose your location to attackers. At most I might put a front hand grip on the barrel guard if I needed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new here. I just purchased Smith and Wesson model 19-3/serial number 7k97751. Trying to figure out what year it was manufactured. It's Nickel with beautiful wooden grips. I carried this in the military and when I first became a Police Officer. As usual we went to Semi automatic handguns and sold mine. This is in almost perfect condition. No barrel rub or frame. Please help me. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Welcome to S&W!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts