Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting to all,

As they say, long time S&W fanat....err....fan, first time poster. I have several S&W handguns, the oldest dating back into the 1950's. The collecting bug has bitten again and I have started looking at antique S&W revolvers of all types. Mostly looking right now.

I ordered the 4th edition Standard Catalogue but it won't be here for another week or so. I am looking at a 4th Model .38 and would like to find the date of manufacture. As you all know the serial number ranges are not easily accessible out in the world.

Can someone offer a year of manufacture for 412xxx?

Many thanks,
Andy in the Land of Cheese

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If your familiar with the forum you know we like pics. We'd love to see whatcha got if you don't mind sharing. :cool:

Reactions: Oldgungeezer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never taken pictures of my handguns. I never thought of them as collectible. A 3914 I carried for 20 years and a 28-2 on the nightstand. My dad had a beautiful matched pair of target pistols. K-22 and K-38 with 6 inch barrels. They were identical in weight and feel when loaded. Chicago PD took them while checking his house after he was beaten and robbed by home invaders. Don't get me started.

Now, if you want photos of early military cartridge rifles, I got ya covered. Trap doors, Vetterlis, Krags, Werndls, etc. Say the word :p

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas! Glad to have another aficionado aboard! Pull up a stump and set a spell. Spin us some tales, long, short, or tall!

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Greeting to all,

Can someone offer a year of manufacture for 412xxx?

Many thanks,
Andy in the Land of Cheese
Welcome to "The Friendly Forum".

The SCSW lists/groups 241704-700000 together within the years 1915-1942..........unfortunately, it doesn't break out individual years within that group.

Best Regards,

Geezer

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Are we talking about a .38 Double Action 4th model top break or a .38 Special Hand Ejector, Model 1905, 4th Change? The former would have shipped around 1900 and the latter around 1924.

Reactions: Cliff
1 - 9 of 9 Posts