Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself a little. I live in Michigan right now but i am moving to Alaska on may 17th. I am married with one child and work in law enforcment. I own two smith's a sigma 9mm, and a k-frame 357. I have been looking around here for a few weeks and thought i would take the plunge and join. I look forward to meetin ya all. thanks -Bob

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Welcome! Glad you took the plunge

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to jump in. Let us know how Alaska works out. Are you going there for a job?

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
Welcome, Bob!
We're glad to see you here. welcome01

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi 1911PRO,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Welcome aboard Bob! Enjoy, and good luck with the move. Alaska is a very appealing state to live in, to me anyways, because of the gun laws. Some of the best in the land IIRC.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hello and welcome, Bob.
Glad to have you on board!
Don
welcome01

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Welcome. I am jealous I would like to move to alaska.There is plenty of work but in my trade I would have to work away from home to much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow thanks for the warm welcome guys! To awnser a few questions first yes it is because of a job. I work in law enforcment and jobs in michigan are not going to well with more and more lay-offs i figured better get while the gettings, good! I have family in Fairbanks so that helps a little. I would love to say hi to Sarah but my wife might not like it...lol ;) And yes the weapons laws or lack there of was a big bonus. Its nice to know that i will be able to enjoy my rights with out a ton of BS loop holes to jump through. I have been to AK before, While in the ARMY i spent about three months there and fell in love, hunting fishing, camping more then enough for any man! :D

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
Bob,
I lived in Anchorage for two years while in the military. I loved every minute of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts