Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
RdrBill,
That's a great-looking HD!
Save that last box of the 200gr. Super Police ammo...It's collectible.
That's a good, strong gun, and really 'under-stressed'.
Enjoy it.
Don
;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bill,
Nice looking HD. Would you send me the full serial number offline for my database?
Thanks,
Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Bill, don't do it.....yet!

I wouldn't send him any S.N's for his database unless he agree's to post some of those pics of his absolutely gorgeous H.D's :) I haven't seen some of those pics in a long time, and they are stunning. So hold out on him until he is forced to comply :mrgreen:

Giz

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Bill,
It is not just Giz that likes your pictures. Thanks for posting.

:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
RdrBill,
That is a thing of beauty!! Thanks for posting the picture! I only have three HDs but they are all special IMHO. A way over built 38 Special!!!!

Bill,
As always...terrific!!

Bob

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
RdrBill said:
Some older ammo. I bought a couple 1000 rounds of this a few years ago, half price sale. I shot it all up except for this last box.
[email protected]

I have about 1/2 box of that stuff remaining, too!

I've always thought that the 200gr. .38 Special loading was superior in every way to the 158gr. RN. In the 1960s, before I ever did a lot of handloading, I would often load up this very same cartridge when woods wandering with my .38. I've shot all sorts and sizes of critters with it and have proven to myself that it was a much better round.

I've never seen this swaged 200 grain bullet - either Luballoy or plain - for sale as a component, and Lyman's cast bullet version of it is not the same - much too rounded on the nose - so I have never bought that mould. If someone would offer a .38 cal 200 grain mould with a flatter nose, I'd buy it.

xtm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts