Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been using Walker electronic earmuffs for several years and am generally happy with them. Caught a sale on new generation Walker electronic ear plugs and found them to be painfully less than satisfactory. Are there any electronic earplugs that approach the noise reduction and clamping of decent electronic muffs?

· Registered
49,042 Posts
Not really since plugs do not protect the outside area around the ear. That said, some of the better eklectronic ones like E.A.R., are NOT cheap, but a lot of friends I shoot with use them - but they shoot shotgun, not metallic. When I shoot shotguns, I use muffs only, but when I shoot metallic, I use plugs AND muffs to protect what I still have left.

· Registered
23,689 Posts
I have a set I hunt with and the sound attenuation is excellent. You have to fit them up properly however. I still wear my regular slip on muffs when on my range though.

I especially like the Walkers because I can set them for noise reduction level and other things with my Android phone via the Walker app.

· Super Moderator
16,057 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Me personally, I'm in love with my Howard Leight Electronics. Not too keen on shoving things in my ears. And I've tried em all. From Decibullz to plain old foamies. Either way, I definitely appreciate wearing a pair of over the ears. Found a "Best Of" article on ear pro the other day actually...it's not the selections that intrigued me though. It was the explanation of NRR and how it relates to your hearing protection. Here's the link if anyone's interested in a good read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.