Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop has five 66's all 4" with different rubber and wood grips and two 19's(nickel) with wood grips. The 66's were all $450 and the 19's were $399. My bad eyes could not read what PD, they were in the case and I didn't get to handle them. Dave and the Mods please tell me if this is against the rules to list them. I just would have jumped on them if I had the money and thought some folks here might be interested. They are at GT Distributors in Austin, Tx. Thanks, James.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Jamn44
I would venture a guess that they just might be older 'trades' from Austin PD.
Lord knows, PD wheelguns have been out of service (in most venues) for over 20 years.
Who knows where they've been lately, but it wouldn't hurt to ask to look at one up close and 'personal'.
Don
;)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I picked up a police trade model 65 in about 2 years ago not far from the Austin area. $290. I love this revolver...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Corpus Christi , Tx. PD traded out a bunch of model 66's for Glocks back in 2005. They are stamped CCPD left side of frame under the cylinder. I was able to buy back my original issue weapon which had been re-issued to another officer who declined to buy it. I missed out on buying one of the snubbie model 66's that the detectives carried at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts