Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Must take 1/2 a day to get ready to go out shooting with all them loaders. That is pretty sweet.
It doesn't take that long to fill them if you use a loading block, then just snap the speed loader over them. One trick to quickly fill the loading block from a bulk ammo box is to shake the box a little, this makes most of the ammo stand up with the rims up, it's then easy to grab 3 or 4 at a time and fill the block very fast. I think it took me about 10 minutes to fill 30 loaders.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
Hey DS,

Like the way you think!

Later, Mark

Reactions: bruce

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
Mark,

I have quite a few moonclips for my VComp but not that many.

Hey DS,

Slacker! LOL!

Are you familiar with George Martin? He owns Revolver Supply. Great to deal with.

Youngest son recently got a V Comp. He is using the .025" RS (revolver supply) moon clips, along with the tools.

He is using Starline Brass.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey DS,

Slacker! LOL!

Are you familiar with George Martin? He owns Revolver Supply. Great to deal with.

Youngest son recently got a V Comp. He is using the .025" RS (revolver supply) moon clips, along with the tools.

He is using Starline Brass.

Later, Mark View attachment 467333
I know George, I have some of his moon clips.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
I know George, I have some of his moon clips.
Hey DS,

Met Mr. Martin at the PSA SHOOTOUT (he is a sponsor) several years back. (He was still in CT., then)

He has/develops some really cool gizmos!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
13,675 Posts
If you like speed loaders, you really need to check out these people:

Some of the best I've ever encountered.

Loading blocks too (not shown... I have also made my own out of 1/2 inch aluminum about 15 years ago - still loading, and loading, and loading...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey DS,

Met Mr. Martin at the PSA SHOOTOUT (he is a sponsor) several years back. (He was still in CT., then)

He has/develops some really cool gizmos!

Later, Mark
Mark,

I was looking at the PSA shoot, can you use an 8 shot 627 with all 8 shots in the "Open Revolver" or limited to 6 shots like "Stock Revolver"? I like the idea of muzzle on the table start, I tried holster draw last year in the MI State SCSA match last summer and found my shoulder arthritis cost me too much time. In rimfire, is there a revolver division? It looks like fun and only a couple states away. Also George has been selling my .22 loaders for a quite a while.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
Hey DS,

At the PSA, OPEN REVOLVER = 8 Shooter + Red Dot + Comp. Most use the C Moore. Variety of Comps.

Stock Revolver = 6 Shooter w/Iron Sights, NO COMP.

Don't Blink! This is St. Chris using her Open Revolver.

Feel free to subscribe to my channel. Lots of cool vids. LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: DS10SPEED
1 - 18 of 18 Posts