Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I was gonna say, up gun for me would be a long gun, but that’s no really so. If it’s long gun time, it’s Glock 21 time! With a couple spare mags. Handguns are nice, but long guns are effective!! Hank

8B2F1220-2610-4672-A63D-36C4517961AC.jpeg

Long gun as appropriate. AR or shotgun. Hank

61B04F74-DF60-4214-85AB-4E77B398DD57.jpeg
My current EDC and the bugs.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I was gonna say, up gun for me would be a long gun, but that’s no really so. If it’s long gun time, it’s Glock 21 time! With a couple spare mags. Handguns are nice, but long guns are effective!! Hank

View attachment 454855

Long gun as appropriate. AR or shotgun. Hank
I keep my Gen4 21 packed with Liberty Civil Defense 78gr 1900fps https://libertyammo.com/product/civil-defense-45-acp/ I have in 40, I don't like the idea of their 9mm. I have some .380 in it. Not too keen on that either.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Hey Wheel Man,

I'm a thinkin'..........

Later, Mark

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
the 8 3/8" Model 500 :) no point messing around..printing can be an issue :)

thewelshm

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Texan said:
"I'd say one of my greatest fears is being in a store or someplace, and some kind of event happening and i only have my little Ruger LCP in my pocket. I'd really be kicking myself if that were to happen."
That's exactly the reason I changed some time ago. For a long time, I considered my S&W 642 was "good enough". I never got comfortable carrying an extra 5 rds in a speedloader so I just went around with my 5 shots and called it good.
As we began to see more of these "Active Shooter" events happening it occurred to me that I have an obligation to be better prepared. I switched to a Kahr CM9, 9mm with MagGuts magazine spring kits that allow me to load 7 rounds in a 6 round Kahr magazine without any extra protrusion. With a spare mag in my pocket and I have 15 rounds available instead of 5. This is a setup that I find easy to maintain for EDC, even down here if Florida in the Summer. If it's not on you EVERYDAY, EVERY TIME you go outside..you're just gambling that you'll get lucky and pick the "right day" to be armed. My little Kahr w/ spare mag is the one handgun in my collection that meets that test Year around. I'm carrying it OWB in a Don Hume JIT.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Not really. I either carry a Colt Cobra 38, or a Ruger Security 9. I've got an AR-15, but I've never even loaded it, much less fired it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've got an AR-15, but I've never even loaded it, much less fired it.
If you ever decide to chamber a round make sure you do it outside. The firing pin always dents the primer in that process. If the primer is defective/too soft it can go off. I know a cop who shot a hole from one end of his house to the other and out the end of the house.

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
I don't go overboard, on anything that I do. I feel that I have adequate ammo for all my guns, but I can't envision using them all.....particularly the rifles and shotguns. I only need to have my carry gun ready to go. I probably should have more of them loaded, and prepared for action. BUT I don't want them around for someone else to shoot me with, when I enter my house. I would be 'out gunned' by my own firearms!!!! kubvcabohvapa;p;

I only carry one CCW, with one reload. So, I'm not prepared for an extended battle with the Zombies....by any means!!! We just take it one day at a time, around here. We make daily trips to the stores to see if they got more TP, Disinfectant, and food .....because we didn't "panic buy" a few weeks ago. More supplies are dribbling in at Walgreens, and Walmart, so we have enough. We both feel that we have things under control. We REFUSE to panic!

Few people are out driving on the roads. I see a lot of people walking around, to get exercise, and fight being cooped up inside. I still go places to go for walks, but I'm packing also. Just about getting used to being cautious, and observent of my surroundings, too. You can't be too careful, in this situation! Bob

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I go back to the NRA instructor in Texas that had to confront that church shooter. He had an AR15 in his safe. Nothing in the mags. Was stuffing loose ammo into his pockets.

Things might get real around here if the economy doesn't get back to work. 30rd mags and a 1200 lumen tactical light on the rail is a good thing to me.

My bedside gun is an Extar9 with a 33rd Glock mag and one in the chamber, shake awake red dot. It has a $20 1200 lumen light on it too.

My stuff is in a Champion 52 gun safe.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Don't remember if this question be answer before. So I added one to my rotation some months ago,A Sig P365 My others are S&W 442-2,638-3 7 M&P BG .38 SPL+P's 5 shot revolvers.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
I'll keep carry'n my G19. I have a Model 58 handy at the house & a G17.
SNAFU...!(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Im still carrying the same battery but My Ruger Mini 14 in in the back seat on the floor. My motto use you hand gu to fight your way to a good long gun !!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts