Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I usually carry a J frame 38 Special and a Kahr 380. However I am switching up to a Glock 19 and Glock 26. Also keep a model 28 in the car. There is something comforting about an N frame revolver loader with 357mags. That is just me.

Don't have any hunting rifles. A few shotguns and an M1 carbine.

The lines outside the gun shops and the talk about calling out the Army make me nervous. I wont need any troops to defend my home. As long as I can find food I am okay.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
not really .. I was carrying my 686 for the most part unless I was out exercising then it was the 642. I just sold off the 686 and havent yet made a holster for the 28 so I have been carrying my GP100 match 10mm.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Not out of my usual routine for this time of year. A recent purchase of a SIG 365XL has been a good BUG; I'm on the tractor today and it's today's carry, in part because its muzzle doesn't dig into the seat. As part of the church security team, I'm still carrying a Delta Elite with Double Tap 155gr all copper Barnes JHPs.

For a beater door rifle, picked up a Mauser K98, (cheap price) Yugoslavian armory rebuild. Easy to find European 8mm hunting and surplus ammo, American 8mm is waterlogged. its a pleasure to shoot while working the bolt on the shoulder. Anyone who has shot the 98 Mauser knows how sweet the bolt is. :)

·
Registered
19,781 Posts
I used to carry an old M-36 2" .38 Spl. for a long time, 30 years. This past summer, I got a 9mm. Ruger LC9s semi auto. that I like very much! kfjdrfirii Should have done it earlier........but, this past Aug., a new 'older' model became available for a cheap price. Can't resist a bargain, so it came home with me! kjdfjemndclapper Bob

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
My carry weapon varies but I have 1 rule: the function exactly the same whether autoloader or revolver. Point & mash the bang switch w/ no extra safeties to complicate things when there's no time to think. Some DA revolvers can be fired SA & I prefer that option but DA is the only way to go when nanoseconds count.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Still carrying my G19 with little intention of changing. I will carry a 638 if I know during my outing if going to a school function, courthouse, etc. since it is easier to remove from pocket and place back in. Once I get a holster for my G41, I may carry it occasionally. I’ve carried it around the house some in an old G19 holster with only minor concealment issues which the holster I have picked out it will help on the concealment.

Joe

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd say that we are one or two events from some extreme civil disobedience, and yes I've upped my game when it comes to what I carry. I am now carrying no smaller a caliber than my Shield 9mm with two spare mags. I also will carry my Springfield XD Mod2 45acp with 2 spare mags, and my Citadel Officer 1911 with 3 spare mags. Not all at the same time though lol. Heck, the other day I was carrying my full sized 1911 with 3 spare mags in my pocket.

I'd say one of my greatest fears is being in a store or someplace, and some kind of event happening and i only have my little Ruger LCP in my pocket. I'd really be kicking myself if that were to happen.

·
Registered
22,136 Posts
Just recently switched from my XD MOD2 .45 to my S&W 2.5" 66-2 for the upcoming warm weather and such. ;)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Now that I'm not "dressing for work", the 66-4 is back in rotation in the pancake. the Pre 29 will be added as soon as my holster arrives.

I "pocket carried" the 29 yesterday in the coat. Not doing that again! :?

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
My EDC is a S&W Shield 9x19mm with (8)Rd capacity magazine with an additional spare magazine. I practice avoidance of stupid people, places and things like a religion, along with when the sun goes down and the moon comes up I'm at home.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Still carrying my G19 with little intention of changing. I will carry a 638 if I know during my outing if going to a school function, courthouse, etc. since it is easier to remove from pocket and place back in. Once I get a holster for my G41, I may carry it occasionally. I’ve carried it around the house some in an old G19 holster with only minor concealment issues which the holster I have picked out it will help on the concealment.

Joe
Have you fondled a G45 yet? I carry that booger a lot. Big grip that's easy to locate and the G19 length nose to quickly "clear the leather" on the draw. With the weight of 17 rounds in the grip with that short barrel it drops into alignment with the target quick.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Over time I've carried 3 different pistols. 1st was my S&W 669. Later I swapped it for a Walther PPS, and sometimes my SIG P238. It now depends on if I'm wearing light clothing versus medium weight clothing.

I'm quite thin, so conceal is difficult if I'm wearing light clothes, so the Sig is with me then. Winter wear I always have the Walther.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Have I changed my EDC? If you mean specific revolver, maybe. If you mean general type, no, always a 4”, 45 ACP, N frame. Usually with fixed sights but I do have the Mountain gun and the Foothills revolver and both are adjustable. Fortunately, the same holsters work for all.

Kevin

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not so far, still sticking with a couple of favorites: H&K VP9 and Walther PPQ, both in 9mm.
So I have "up-gunned" slightly during this time, mostly because I carry mouse guns when I go out for a stroll (.380, 22WMR), to a 9mm Kahr or a G43X.

Wendy, I would have to say, if you are carrying a VP9 and a PPQ, if you needed to "up-gun" from those, you might consider just staying home instead!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts