Smith And Wesson Forums banner

which one should i keep?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a snw model 28 in mint condition very low round count and a dan wesson modell 12 in 90% condition and I have to get rid of one of em. Id like to keep both but my wifes hounding me. Which one should I sell and what's the very top dollar I could get? Thank you

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
For my money I would keep the S&W Model 28. It is a very solid and durable revolver that is hard to beat. As far as what you should expect from the Dan Wesson if it as you state 90%, $400 to $450 would be a fair price, depending on the barrel length. Again just my opinion.

Lastly, welcome01 to the Forum.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
The S&W will continue to appreciate in value, the DW may or may not. Parts and repairs will be more available for the S&W in the future too.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hide the gun and keep it. Tell her you sold it, show her 300.00 and offer to split it with her
Jimmy , Jimmy ,

Is you a divorced fella , like me ?

Even I know that trick ain't gonna work .

First , she takes the entire $300 , then she'll find the gun ( with her smell sensor telling her you is a lying dog ) and prob sell it for $50 , jus' to spite you .

Regards ,
George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha thanks guys. I've deff thought of everything. Prob is that she thinks I don't need 2 .357s.I love my smith for the fact that it is rock solid but my dw has a low hammer and a super short trigger pull as well as a mirror blue finish. Lol this is realy hard but I think I will keep the smith.thanks for ur opinions. Its what I was thinking. Just needee a little back up.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Jimmy , Jimmy ,

Is you a divorced fella , like me ?

Even I know that trick ain't gonna work .

First , she takes the entire $300 , then she'll find the gun ( with her smell sensor telling her you is a lying dog ) and prob sell it for $50 , jus' to spite you .

Regards ,
George
yes, and very happily for over 35 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
Does she have more than one pair of flat heeled shoes? More than one pair of sandals? You know what I'm saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,893 Posts
Consider putting the DW in the Classified here on the Forum. Many folks here love .357's.....me included. Not that I'm in the market......;) Bob

·
Registered
231 Posts
Manley do what Harley riders do when their Momma says the scooter must go. Put the DW up for sale in the local paper at a huge inflated price..Stick to it. When the wife asks what's up Tell her that it seems no one is willing to pay your price for this fine firearm and your not going to give it away d

·
Super Moderator
34,438 Posts
I told Barbara I would get as many .357s as I wanted and she didn't say much about it.
She did say something like "You can't stay under the bed forever"
As long as she isn't holding a marble rolling pin like I have you MIGHT be safe! ;)

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
As long as she isn't holding a marble rolling pin like I have you MIGHT be safe! ;)
Uh, Wendy? If you wanted your hubby to give up a .357 it would be so you could keep it... :)

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Suck it up manleyaaron. Be a man! Tell the little lady she has no business concerning herself about something so manly as a firearm, that you wear the britches and are the man of the house, and that you, (AND ONLY You), will have the final say in the matter, and that if you want to hear from her regarding that or any other matter that you will ask her and allow her to speak...........(Then run like hell!).

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
As many of the regulars know, I have a wife who looks at gun purchases like buying blue chip inveestments. However that is just one side of the story. The first gunshow I ever took her to, she spied a figurine (I think it was a hunter) anyway she indicated she wanted it. To me it looked like a piece of junk for $35. and I summarly dismissed it while continuing my search for another S&W. She has never let me forget that, come Monday we will celebrate 38 years of wedlock. That figurine became a sword, which she draws at each gunshow when she finds something she likes and I am just as quick to draw my wallet. . . Wendy, she doesn't need a rolling pin, her nephew is 6'4" and weighs in at a muscular 320 lbs (yes he was an offensive tackle in college), but when she gets after him he literally shakes in his boots.

Hank

1 - 18 of 18 Posts