Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really got ripped when I bought this gun several years ago, but I could not find one to buy. I had two M617 6"ers, but wanted a shorty with no stupid lock. So, I paid the piper. No box or tools.
Took it out to shoot it, and at 25 yds. it shot about a foot high. I just happened to have a S&W ramp sight blade that was higher, thusly lowering the strike of the bullet to center of the target. Great shooter now. Big Larry
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's really nice BL. I'm not as turned off by the stupid lock, but I do prefer the 10 rounder vs. the 6, so I've got a new one inbound. I have wanted one for a long time as I've always considered the 617 the benchmark, the all 'round 22LR handgun against which all others should be judged.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 6" dash 2 with the 10 rd. aluminum cylinder. Shoots great and is very accurate. As far as 22's go, I would consider the early 5 screw K22 to be the benchmark. Don't rule out the Colt Match Targets either. As a general rule, they are more accurate. Big Larry
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have so many 22's, both rifle and pistol, I don't know where to begin. For riding out in the sticks on my 4 wheeler, I prefer my little M&P 22. 12 shooter with 2 other 12 rd. mags. Very accurate for a cheap plastic handgun. Big Larry

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That's really nice BL. I'm not as turned off by the stupid lock, but I do prefer the 10 rounder vs. the 6, so I've got a new one inbound.
I have a 6" dash 2 with the 10 rd. aluminum cylinder. Shoots great and is very accurate.
My 'dream' is to find a 4" pre-IL 10-rounder with a stainless cylinder... one of the very few guns left on my Bucket List. :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.