Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a larger expander plug for my 30/06 dies. They are going to send me the plug N/C. Can't beat that.
I need to load for a 7.65mm Argentine that has been converted to a 30/06 chamber with the original bore of the barrel is .301 bore and .311 groove diameters.
So this makes an odd combination of a 31.06. It's for one of my rifles that has been converted prior to my ownership. It was sporterized and I put the rifle back into it's original military configuration. Other than the odd caliber it will be a fun rifle to shoot. If it's not a shooter. I'll rebarrel it to a true 30/06.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I bet that .311" bullets for a .303 Brit. will work in that rifle. I believe that Sierra and Speer both make bullets in that size - or at least used to. Might take some looking...

I'm tickled to death with RCBS's customer service. They recently refurbished a ~30 year-old Pro-Melt lead furnace for me at NC! I didn't even have to furnish proof-of-purchase for that old item!

I understand that Dillon's C.S. is just as outstanding. This pleases me in this day and time of throwaway products. Some of the other reloading gear outfits - like Lee - could learn from these folks.

xtm

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi XTM
That's the bullets I need to find. I have a couple boxes of them. But no idea where they are at. One day they will turn up. So I'll just get some more bullets in .311 and .312 I'll find out which one shoots the best in that rifle. Without the expander plug for my dies. I can’t make them. So I have to wait on it to arrive.

Glad to hear about your good service. For this day and age of throw away stuff. It is nice to find a company that still believes in service.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hey Jim, I checked Cliff's gunsmithing (he used to be in CA near where I used to live...he is now in a more "free" state!!) and he shows he has .311" bullets. Here are the links:
http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalo ... _31-45.htm
http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalo ... 11-366.htm

Also, it is great to hear of RCBSs great customer service! I can relate that Leupold also has great customer service, as I sent in an old M8-4x scope that I had bought in 1976, that the reticle "fell" out of place on. They fixed it and had it shipped back within 4 days! All at N/C of course!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken
Thanks for the link. In the morning I'll try a couple places that are local to me. If they do not have them. I will order some from Cliff's.
Thanks
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts