10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late birthday gift :D Well worth the wait
S1140XX
More pictures in the morning

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Man, what is there NOT to like about a 5-screw N-frame with a full ejector rod housing.

What a coincidence - I got my 5-screw, Highway Patrolman on my birthday - Gotta admit your's is nicer. Nothing more business like than a Highway Patrolman, ENJOY!

Hank

·
Registered
296 Posts
Azmick that's about the best 357 mag ever, IMHO. And by that statement you can tell it's MY favorite too! You have a revo that'll love 158 gr LSWC ammo.

By the way those diamond magnas on your gun look pretty minty! lgnngp

GGF

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Your bluing looks better, what's not to like? I think the 28 is the most popular 357 out there!

·
Super Moderator
33,363 Posts
That is nice. I have never cared as much for the N frames since I have small hands, but I do like viewing the pictures that everybody shares. LOL. Is it just me or does everybody here take really good photos? ;)

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
Come on ****, we need a full report!!! hpzl;n;

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The gun has some 'issues'. It has a funny/odd {to me} cresent shaped bluing loss at each cylinder position. Maybe the type of holster it was carried in?

It has some rust where the front sight meets the rib. Got some Kroil on it right now.

The grips are nice for a 1954 gin, but they are far from perfect

It has bluing thin and gone at the muzzle, the action is stiffer than my 28 no dash but the action is tighter than bark to a tree. It certainly was not shot much. It shoots a little low and to the left but all the holes in paper this morning were grouped within a 4" circle from 25 or so paces {very slow double action}.
As far as the story on it, found it as a model 30116 {you know, the number stamped on the crane} with a 2 7/8" barrel :mrgreen:
But who am I to argue semantics with the guy when I was getting my folding money change back from $500 nfiofnp

I shoot it's 'molested' :mrgreen: younger brother a bit better, but, it has been shot alot more and so is far from original kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
Minor blueing blemishes or not, that is one BEAUTIFUL Model 30116! :mrgreen: Seriously though, great find, maybe a little shooting will loosen up the action a bit too. Are you going to do any rear sight adjustments to correct for the low/left? I only have two N-Frames, a 28-2 and a 29-3. The 28 is dead on, never had to adjust a thing. On the other hand, I've adjusted the 29 off a sand bag rest until the screws were begging to take a vacation, resulting in less-than-stellar outcomes. I'm wondering if it is ammo related...anyway, great score ****!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Azmick: Thought I'd make you feel even better about your Highway
Patrolman. You say your purchase has issues, okay, some mild cosmetics. Here is mine and the cosmetics aren't mild.

But this old 5-screw is tight and the bore is good+. Twas late in the day, no time for haggling, decided to give my top offer ($100 under
asking) I said $350. The dealer jumped on it like a hawk on a grey squirrel - I blew it, I knew it, but it was out the door for $350. no tax.

The good news it shoots like a champ and so whats the big deal if it acquires a few more scratches; it is my current woods walk gun.

Hank

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hank, all I wanted was a shooter. The overall condition is just gravy. I think I get more enjoyment out of the HPs than anything else

BC2, the rear sight is not centered in the sight assembly, never noticed 'till I got back. I have not shot using Magnas much and I'm thinking my grip had alot to do with the low and left {user error}.

Wendy, I am far and away from a good photographer. I think the subject matter is what makes any of my pictures look good

GGF, This is my third HP {HP, 28 no dash and a 28-3}. The -3 was my first. Barb has regretted getting it for me since :lol: In my opinion, the N frame 357 was designed on another plain, equal to John Browning

DaveWW, Nice grips! Who's the maker?

Giz, It's all your fault you know kfjdrfirii , thank you

Now I need some leather for it. I was just going to use the Galco the 28 rides in but now that just seems like two brothers having to share one pair of pants. I'm also thinking the grips should come off for wandering Az. on foot {that means me falling on my butt} maybe something from Executioner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts