Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, today is my birthday so I went out and bought myself a present, a 4” Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman. I already have one in 4 inch and one in 6 inch, but when a family friend sent me a picture last night of this one at a gun shop, it looked in good shape and the price was really attractive! I haven’t visited this store in at least 10 years, maybe more as it’s pretty far out of my way, especially since I retired. Thankfully it was there this morning when I walked in, did the paperwork and was out in about 25 minutes. It’s in really good shape, I replaced the Pach’s with a set of Targets I had in my bag of goodies, which I think look better, however the Pach’s are good if doing a lot of shooting. It came with half a box of .357 JHP’s and an unopened box of 38/357 Snake Shot! No box or original stocks, but I’m happy with it. Oh yeah, the price, I almost forgot; $434 out the door…….! :D

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Hey BC2,

Wow! What a Great Score!

Happy Birthday indeed!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
28,099 Posts
Congrats on the Birthday AND the fine gift. Enjoy and shoot it often.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Happy birthday BC2, nice revolver. That's funny, my b'day was the 20th and I bought myself a nickel model 15-2 for a good price. I'll pick it up Friday when I drive to north Mississippi. Can't beat a S&W wheel gun as a gift.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I’d have it out the door at that price in an instant. Happy birthday.

Reactions: Blackcloud2

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments and birthday congratulations! About an hour ago I received a call from my two youngest grandkids, bloodline Blackcloud's, and as my wife and I joked with them on 'speaker phone', I can safely say that not only was that call the best of my birthday presents, I'd not trade it for 10 of the Highway Patrolman revolvers such as I bought earlier today, that's what I guess in my clan we'd call 'Blackcloud life ratings'; it's something I'm perfectly comfortable with as I know my late parents would be as well! :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Happy Birthday and congrats. What a find! Those targets really dressed it up. I predict a range party in your near future.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Great price on a great gun for a great guy on his birthday. Happy birthday!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts