Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I dug into the grips/Stocks department and came up with these stag SB N-Frame Shoes for the 29-2.

Awhile back (year or two ago), I ordered several sets of grip adapters from an outfit by the name of "BK Grips" and used a set of their cream colored adapters with these stags. The BK adapters have two sets of butt frame clips rather than the one set on the Tylers. The fit is just fine too.....

What's your thoughts on this cream color......???? My jury remains out (certainly a different look).

S&WModel29-2,4InStags_03.JPG

S&WModel29-2,4InStags_04.JPG

BTW, if'n anyone's interested, here's a link to the BK Grips website BK Grips | 2-Clip Grip Adapters for Revolvers

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. I do like the adapters, but not sure I would put them on my gun. I do like the grips. Sorry not much help.
Yeah, that's kinda how I feel too...........I'm just not used to the "look" of that color. Obviously, they feel like any other adapter but I haven't decided about the look.

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
I definitely like the grips. The Stags really bring out the dark bluing. However, just do not like the grip adapters on that gun.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Also like the grips you put on the 29, but the grip adapter doesn't go with the blued gun with the white stag grips. Otherwise looks good.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I’m not a fan of grip adapters Geeze. And honestly the two different colors would bother me a bit. I do like the stags though!

·
Registered
19,655 Posts
I've never been a fan of grip adapters. I think 'hand filling grips' work much better....and look better too! I usually put on rubber Combat grips for shooting. But, a 'real grip' looks better than the 'add on' look of adapters. Just my opinion......everyone has one!!!! :D Bob

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I think it looks great. Like one of Elmer's guns. The adapter may not be very stylish but it'll keep the trigger guard from beating your middle finger.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I like the configuration you've presented, it has a sort of '1890's' dentist office look! I also think it'd ride just fine without a grip adapter altogether; bone on Blue is just a thing for me! If this sweet gal were mine with those stocks and I found myself facing the same dilemma, I'd use a black Tyler T because it more closely matches the frame color and the dark spots within the grip bones. No matter what, you found a real beauty Bill! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like 29-2's a lot. Not sure about grip adapters as I have never used any so as far as handling I have no idea. From the looks department they look nice but those grips would look good without them as well I would think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts