1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Noob here, so please bear with me. ;)

In the FAQ thread 500 Magnum Nut wrote:
Once your wide hand is installed, the tip of the hand may bind on some of the ratchets. This will cause a bad gag in DA trigger pull. With the side plate off, watch through the hand window as you cycle the gun in DA. You will see where the hand cams off of the ratchet and the point of contact between the hand tip and each ratchet. Dress the ratchets at the point of contact so the hand is touching but not binding.
I've got a S&W Model 617 (no dash) chambered in .22LR that I use for cheap training instead of using my competition revolvers in .45ACP, .44Mag etc. The 617 has only factory parts, except for a 13lbs rebound spring. The trigger pull is very good except for exactly what was written in the FAQ - "a bad gag in DA trigger pull".

How should I best go about this? I was going to take a fine file and work the ratchets down, but after reading the FAQ I'm thinking I maybe should do something about the hand instead? The binding on the ratchets only apply on four of the six ratchets, and you can see that they are visibly larger when looking through the hand window with the side plate off.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Use a marker and mark each cylinder. Identify the correct lug. File the lug matching the existing angle. Take 1-2 file strokes and retry the trigger. Work on only 1 lug at a time. Go easy and it will come out fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts