Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few months I've been pocket carrying a Model 342 that I bought from a cop, it had been his BUG for many years. It came with an Uncle Mikes pocket sleeve, a no name belt carry nylon holster and two ankle carry options. I packed everything away except for the pocket sleeve. After routine checks, I kept finding a crazy 'red velvet' sort of fuzz on the gun, scrambling me to first think it was some sort of rust, but it wasn't. Initially I wrote it off due to a several week initial soaking to clean out the gummed up action. However, a month ago I looked again, same thing and came to the conclusion it was the sleeve, so I tossed it on my work bench and found another Uncle Mikes in my stash, this one black and figured I was good, but not so fast. Last week I was emptying my pockets to toss the cargo shorts I'd been wearing into the wash and it felt like I had sand in my pockets...WTH? I turned the pocket inside out and the whole pocket was black, not cool! I needed leather and fast, so I went online and found this from AZULA Gun Holsters. Reasonable price and it got here fast. I've since thrown both of the others in the trash. I guess the lesson to take away is to make it a point to routinely inspect EDC guns and to also go through those boxes of old carry options to make sure Father Time hasn't taken its toll! Stay Safe! :)

·
Registered
30,037 Posts
Nice holster. Glad you found out what was causing the debris, don't want to have stuff effecting function. I check my holters for lint/debri often. It's amazing how stuff collects.

Reactions: Blackcloud2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts