Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An H&R 929 from the MIL's house (third gun we found--there are probably more). Since the box says "H&R 1871", and the gun is stamped Gardner Mass, I believe this is from the Remington period at the turn of the 2000s. There was a lot of cat hair and a few spots of rust / finish damage but it cleaned up pretty well. I have fired this one and it works fine. It's not made to a very high crafting standard, but its a good size for a pocket buddy and has some interesting potential.

Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory Wood

· Registered
49,070 Posts
I had one of those from back in the 80s; my wife used for nightstand as she had muscle weakness issues. Sold it for $50 at a garage sale; mine was an H&R-made. Handy for fun camp plinking, not very accurate but fun nonetheless.

· Registered
41,955 Posts
Interesting little piece of history there. Thanks for the pic.

· Registered
Mostly revolvers & lever guns
15 Posts
Recently came upon an H&R model 900 - 22cal. 6". Made in Massachusetts- Viet Nam era. Paid about G.B. price from local private seller. Didn't know much about H&R except the name from way back.
Bought it anyway, cause I like small cal. double action. Haven't shot yet, maybe before Christmas...
Should be a fun "beer can & milk jug" plinker.
Drifter.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one of those from back in the 80s; my wife used for nightstand as she had muscle weakness issues. Sold it for $50 at a garage sale; mine was an H&R-made. Handy for fun camp plinking, not very accurate but fun nonetheless.
You don't happen to have a picture of it that shows the left-side engraving, do you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts