·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
H.R.30 - To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking
[link to www.congress.gov (secure)]

H.R.121 - To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws.

H.R.125 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before a semiautomatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or a large capacity ammunition magazine may be transferred.

H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

H.R.130 - To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.

H.R.167 - To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer. [link to www.congress.gov (secure)]

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
If you look at them all but two were submitted by our favorite DC clown in a cowboy hat - Sheila Jackson Lee.
How the hell does THAT nutbar keep getting elected by Texans?
The poster child for "all hat - NO cattle" (literally).

Reactions: Madviking

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I am relatively new to firearms legislation, beyond the general societal debates. I'm aware of the various topics such as magazine caps, pistol braces, etc. But, how viable are any of these bills politically, and what would be their impact?
More viable now that the federal government is totally corrupt and controlled by the anti-gun crowd. How it would be enforced is the key.

Registration is always the first step toward confiscation.

·
Super Moderator
19,907 Posts
How funny, they're wanting a 7 day waiting day period for silencers. They must be forgetting about the 6-10 months we must already wait, just to get the tax stamp from them. 7 day wait? What a joke. It didn't work in the Clinton era, it's surely not going to make any differences now.

BTW, I have waited exactly 6 months to the day to get this "Silencer" out of jail. This is my 3rd suppressor, and one more is still locked away in purgatory.
We mailed the Form 4 paperwork for this suppressor to the BATFE on July 7th, We received my tax stamp here on January 7th. It's now here at home where it rightfully belongs.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey Viking,

We, unfortunately, are going to see a whole lot more...from the the "gun grabbing/commie/pinko" crowd...in the years to come.

Will be enough to make a fellow SICK!

Later, Mark

Reactions: TTSH and Madviking

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If you look at them all but two were submitted by our favorite DC clown in a cowboy hat - Sheila Jackson Lee.
How the hell does THAT nutbar keep getting elected by Texans?
The poster child for "all hat - NO cattle" (literally).
As hard as it is to believe, voter fraud and corruption?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Viking,

We, unfortunately, are going to see a whole lot more...from the the "gun grabbing/commie/pinko" crowd...in the years to come.

Will be enough to make a fellow SICK!

Later, Mark
i know, and I just my first guns this last year :(. A few are utilitarian, and I got cheap, like the M&P Shield in my picture. I still like the thing though. But, I really like my new Ruger Mark IV, and it wasn't cheap! $600 after tax and fees! I don't want to lose that :(.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
You are going to like that Ruger!

Son #3 & I have Mk II's! Sent CASES of Federal 22's down range...

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
You are going to like that Ruger!

Son #3 & I have Mk II's! Sent CASES of Federal 22's down range...
Nice! Yeah, I had read a lot about those previous models' quality and durability. I also needed a .22 pistol, to pair with my Ruger 10/22. Honestly, if we still can buy such things in the future, I'd love to collect a model of each Mark series, but I'm sure the earlier ones get rarer or expensive in good condition. Oh also, I want a S&W Victory!

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey MV,

Have three friends with Mk I's...no telling how many rounds they burned up. LOL

22 ammo used to be $3/brick for Thunderbolts/Wildcats & $5/brick for T 22 or Rem Target...

Two or three cases per year....that was the "norm"....LOL!

Was to a LGS a couple weeks ago....22 ammo is now at $100/brick! Whee!

I will be plinking with the .38's for now. Saving 22 ammo for grandkids...

Later, Mark

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey MV,

Have three friends with Mk I's...no telling how many rounds they burned up. LOL

22 ammo used to be $3/brick for Thunderbolts/Wildcats & $5/brick for T 22 or Rem Target...

Two or three cases per year....that was the "norm"....LOL!

Was to a LGS a couple weeks ago....22 ammo is now at $100/brick! Whee!

I will be plinking with the .38's for now. Saving 22 ammo for grandkids...

Later, Mark
Yeah, it's nuts. Just in the last 6-9 months ammo prices have gone up a lot. I have a small stock, thankfully. But, that's for this year, not multiple years of shortage. After I saw these bills last night, I began looking at ammoseek.com to consider stocking up more.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts