Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned an H&K, mostly because of the price. I found a guy who had one for sale at a reasonable price and I figured this is my one chance to be an H&K owner.
I have a question about ammo for this gun. The owner's manual recommends brass only. It warns against steel cased(no surprise), and also aluminum cased ammo. Of course also, lead rounds, since it is polygonal rifling like Glocks.
I've read comments from owners that are using aluminum cased ammo and they seem to have no problems with it. Any owners here have some good advice for me about good or bad ammo for it?
I don't shoot steel cased ammo in any of my guns anyway, but I have had good results from Federal aluminum in the past. Most of my ammo is Federal, Fiocchi, or Winchester. Most is 115gr FMJ, only the Federal is aluminum.
I just want to get the best out of my one and only H&K.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
Since there really isn't a lot of difference in price, why not just shoot brass?

·
Premium Member
10,267 Posts
Brass cased ammo - and also FMJ jacketed ammo. This pistol has polygonal rifling, right?

When the manual recommends something, a manufacturer usually has a good reason. Knowing H&K I seriously doubt others know better. They literally obsess on their design of these handguns.

I have the hammer fired P30SK version of this pistol, and I personally only use jacketed brass case ammo.

But, try a box of aluminum case and see if your results satisfy you.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've used the aluminum in the past because most places sold it a couple bucks cheaper and boxes were a little lighter to carry. In my S&W and CZ it ran great. I won't be using anything but brass in the H&K. I want to take good care of this pistol.
Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts