Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37,402 Posts
Looks good. How long did it take to apply? Is the material forgiving?...if placed wrong can it be repositioned easy?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. How long did it take to apply? Is the material forgiving?...if placed wrong can it be repositioned easy?
Total time between walking the dog and eating was about 2.5 hours. Easy to apply. If you put it on and it is positioned wrong, it just pulls off easy like those plastic things you put on windows. When you apply the heat from a heat gun, you can stretch it a little. I may have done that once because the cut is so damn precise. I followed the YouTube video with a couple of household tools and it is done. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be...Think it looks great !

·
Registered
37,402 Posts
So is it some type of plastic film or?????

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually it is a thick vinyl that adheres well when heat is applied. In fact it really does protect the gun from moisture, scratches and other damaging solvents. It simply wipes off. When you sell the gun, remove the skin and it is brand new underneath. Mine is strong, applied real well, and looks great. I chose a forest pattern that would work in short grass too.
I shot 100 rounds out of it the other day and saw no issues with the barrel putting heat on the wrap. I think the wrap is good to 250 degrees before it is an issue. The molding of it to parts like the picatanny rail is extraordinary. Look at my pic again and see how not only it is applied correctly, but the trees continue down the weapon in a consistent manner. The camouflage is a coordinated cut that is consistent from receiver to magazine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is actually made of vinyl. Crazy durable, not thick at all. I think the heat helps make it stronger when you put it on. Kinda sets it so to speak. If you skipped the gun across a rocky ground, I doubt the finished would be touched. It is durable and looks great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts