Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Guns you will always keep. :)

16K views 74 replies 51 participants last post by  bruce 
#1 ·
Four that belonged to my daddy. :) And those I would never sell, trade or anything...unless passing on to my niece or nephew.

S & W model 17.

Diamondback in .38 Special.

S & W model 15.

S & W model 10.

And the only revolver he bought for me, when I turned 18.

I know...not a Smith, but still a great revolver. :)

See less See more
#4 ·
Of all the guns I currently own, a blue revolver and an old springfield rifle.

I have a couple 29-2s which I am very fond of, one is still unfired. Maybe one day the used one. The other is my M1 Garand. My dad was in WWII and it reminds me of him. Another one that will never leave under my own will.
The other rifles or J K L N X revolvers are leaving first.

G
#5 ·
Wendy,

It's nice to know that your Dad's guns are that special to you. Keeping them in the family and passing them along is a fine and honorable thing.

Of all my guns, a ratty little Chiefs 36 Special would be the last one I'd part with. Belonged to a fellow that became a friend of mine.

giz

#6 ·
Of my small gun collection, the keeper is my old Police trade in,
M-36 2". It's nickel plated, but doesn't look especially nice. (about 80%) It is my CCW gun (I've got 3. ), but I depend on it to protect me in all circumstances. Out in the woods or in town...... that's the most important thing! ;) Bob

#8 ·
Quarter Cherokee said:
Do you think a small U-Haul will fit through the gates of Hell?
Don't know about the U-Haul QC, but I bet ammo is a problem.... better stock up on Primers & Power too ....

For the sake of a couple of women I know I sure as hope Hell has alot of Bagage Handlers....

#11 ·
Nice collection it appears your Dad has good taste in guns. For me my keepers are guns that belonged my Grandfather, Father. And gifts I received from family members. Some guns you just can not replace.

QC
I'll see you you there. I have no doubt where I'm headed. I prefer a warm climate.

#16 ·
Nice heirloom group, Wendy. True to my utilitarian pov, I have no real keepers, just tools. However, I do appreciate the generational tie that guns provide.

Besides, if you keep that spirit alive, I don't have to feel guilty about it. ;)

David

#19 ·
You guys come on out to Rainbow Valley next July/August, I'll show you hot. A bunch of us went out messing around a few years ago one summer morning. Ended up out in the Humming Bird Springs area at 2:00 in the afternoon wandering around and having fun. Had to walk about a half mile to the spring but the payoff was great!

My number one keeper would be the 6" LNIB Model 28-3 Barb gave me for Christmas a few years ago. The gun that sent me down the road of S&W No Return.
Next would be the Ruger O/U and the Winchester Model 70 in 300 Win. Mag. {scary accurate rifle} and the 4" Model 28 no dash

#20 ·
Hey Mick, where exactly is Hummingbird Springs? I've traveled around Rainbow Valley more than I should admit too and oddly never saw a Rainbow! Luck of the draw I guess! As for me, I'll never give up my dad's service revolver, a Combat Masterpiece or his dad's shotgun. Also, it's more of a trophy piece, but the Euprean handgun that was used in a bank robbery that my dad brought to a quick end. On a more mercenary note, I will not part with my wife's Model 66 or my recent Model 28-2 because of how they shoot. Last, but not least, my first Model 36. The others aren't necessarily negotiable for trade, but they will be the ones I offer when the inevitable Obamanazi's come to the door looking. :evil:

#21 ·
Wow! There's some really neat guns posted here. Just before my dad passed away in 2004, we discussed which of his guns I would keep. The rest were sold to raise money for my mom. I actually wish my dad had sold them himself. Too many times I kept saying out loud, "Yep, dad was right about that one. He always said it would be worth the big bucks one day. He was right again." I wish my dad had seen the high prices his guns sold for first hand.

I'm not going to let that happen to me. I like all my guns, but there are many I will sell when the time is right (many decades from now I hope).

But as Wendy asked, which one(s) will I never part with? That's easy. None of these:

I think there's a theme to the above guns but I can't seem to put my finger on it....

I don't have a picture, but my Stevens Favorite that my dad bought for me when I was born will always be with me too.

#23 ·
Some great firearms pictures posted here! :)

Yes, Giz and Jim. My dad loved good firearms. They stay in the family. These 4 of his I will always keep because they belonged to him. The Ruger GP100 I will always keep because he got it for me.

#25 ·
Well, the guns that belonged to my grandfather, including his old Colt Woodsman pistol, my Ithaca Deluxe Deerslayer in 16 gauge that I inherited from my uncle. I won't let my Ruger OM Flat Top go, nor my Smith 29-2 4-inch or my 25-13 Mountaing Gun that I had been trying to find for so many years. My wife's M37 single shot 20 gauge is up there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.