Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19,532 Posts
One that I let get away, and I still kick myself, was a model 10-5 snubby I happened to notice in the display case after buying my 19-4. I had it in my hands, was checking it out and the ONLY reason I put it back down was that the barrel looked like it was rusty but I wasn't sure. They wanted $450 for it but I just couldn't pull the trigger due to concerns over potential rust.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have never owned that many and I have kept everyone except two.
I wished I would have kept my model 19 with 6 in. barrel.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I have bought and sold hundreds of guns beginning in 1962. I sold a large safe plus most of the guns and ammo in it to one person when we moved from the Northwest Coast to the Southeast Coast. I kept a 1911 for me and an S&W 640 for my wife during the move.

Many years ago, I bought an M1 Carbine and a bunch of surplus ammo. I discovered a Ruger Blackhawk revolver in .30 Carbine and bought it. I shot them a lot for awhile and then they ended up in the back of the safe for awhile until I sold them. I have gone through three sets of them over the years and currently don't have any.

My first ever owned handgun was a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum revolver bought from my brother-in-law when I was still a teenager just back from Viet Nam. I have owned five or six Ruger Super Blackhawks in .44 magnum over the years. My current one is a Blackhawk 50th. Anniversary Flattop.

My safe is full and I refuse to buy a second safe because it would lead to a third and fourth. If I buy a new gun, I have to sell an old gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
44 Automag I traded for a Ruger #1 and a Ruger Security Six. Savage 99 in 308 I sold to my brother. Now I have to look at it every time we hunt together.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quite a few years ago, I acquired a S&W (Walther) 22LR used from a gun shop. The gun looked to be in fine shape but as I took it to the range more, I was getting failures to fire with a light dent on the rim. It started happening more and more, and it seemed like the more I tried cleaning the firing pin assembly, making sure everything was flushed out and clean, the more it would happen. I finally called Smith and Wesson and of course the gun was out of warranty, but they quoted me a price that was more than I paid for the gun in the first place, to repair it. I ended up giving it to a friend for very little money with full disclosure, and I think he ended up scrapping it.

I'd love another run at that type of gun. I loved the platform, and i wanted to love the gun. It just didn't work out but I think I'd buy another one if I could find it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A couple of years ago I was having difficulty getting to sleep, so, instead of counting sheep, I decided go count all of the guns that I wished I STILL had. I gave up around 125, or so. Among those was a really nice Winchester M1 Carbine, a museum-grade National Postal Meter M1 Carbine, a super nice H&R M1 Garand, a 1966-vintage Colt OP with 5-inch heavy tapered barrel and wide spur hammer, and a sweet little S&W 640 rated for +P+. Divorces SUCK!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The one I regret the most was a 1941 Johnson rifle.
Arrrggghhhh!

I've wanted one for years - something about that has always drawn me far more than any Garand does!
(Something about having been a USMC SGT gives me an affinity for any USMC-connected firearm.)

I've only ever sold one firearm... and I do NOT regret getting rid of that Sterling .25ACp (with reloading dies etc...) I sold them for more than I had bought them for, and was well rid of the POS.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't miss any of the handguns I have sold or traded off because I did so because I upgraded. Who would miss a Hi-Point C9. a 70s era Taurus revolver, a Rohm RG38 or a Phoenix Arms HP22A?

·
Super Moderator
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Quite a few years ago, I acquired a S&W (Walther) 22LR used from a gun shop. The gun looked to be in fine shape but as I took it to the range more, I was getting failures to fire with a light dent on the rim. It started happening more and more, and it seemed like the more I tried cleaning the firing pin assembly, making sure everything was flushed out and clean, the more it would happen. I finally called Smith and Wesson and of course the gun was out of warranty, but they quoted me a price that was more than I paid for the gun in the first place, to repair it. I ended up giving it to a friend for very little money with full disclosure, and I think he ended up scrapping it.

I'd love another run at that type of gun. I loved the platform, and i wanted to love the gun. It just didn't work out but I think I'd buy another one if I could find it.
The P22. I recommend you run, not walk away from the next one you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
The P22. I recommend you run, not walk away from the next one you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, thats what I've suspected but I had hoped that there might be good ones out there....as I said, I really wanted to love that gun.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought one from a guy in my mobile-home park over 10 years ago for $250 - I still hadn't shot it a month later when he told me he had been catching hell from his old lady (she had wanted it herself), and would I give it back in exchange for .... a Hi-Point 9mm carbine, with extra mags and 300 rounds of 9mm.

That carbine sure shoots nice.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts