Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 - I bought a "new" gun from Guns.com a few months back that I swear was used. The color had faded a bit and though well-cleaned it seemed obvious the gun had been fired. There was residue, carbon, etc., in spots.

#2 - I sold a gun to Guns.com because they gave me a good price on a gun I'd be trying to sell for the last three or four months. I checked their inventory a few weeks ago to see what they were selling the gun for. They had one "new" one. Then, a week or so later when my sale was final they had TWO of the guns (I assumed one was mine), both listed as "new".

Does anyone have any experience with Guns.com? Is there a way to check serial numbers to see if there have been multiple owners of a "New" gun?

·
Registered
30,190 Posts
I have never dealt with Guns.com. In the past I have purchased firearms through Gun Broker.com and Southern Ohio Guns (who are now out of business) and they were advertised as used. Interesting that Guns.com would try and sell a used firearm as "new" and a little shady if true. You could probably check with your LGS's to see if they would share info concerning serial numbers/previous owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts