Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stash has outgrown bottom of the china cabinet so all is boxed up and put in the storage closet . Also know my rights to buy and own firearms and ammo is under constant attack and will do everything I can to keep them.

0704201018.jpg

·
Registered
12,445 Posts
Yep, one 20MM can and a few 30 and 50 cal cans should keep everything neat, secure and dry.

Reactions: Curt360 and Mjh

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip on ammo cans will check it out ,they will also be easier to move around

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
is that it mate?...….:) don't look in my closet :)

thewelshm

·
Registered
22,070 Posts
As with the others...get a few large ammo cans then have a goal to fill each one.;)

Reactions: Mjh

·
Registered
789 Posts
Do not neglect the amount of available storage space under the beds. Every bed needs a dust ruffle to hide the ammo boxes underneath, right? This works until you get too old to get back up off of the floor when you need to get a few boxes out of the case. :confused:

·
Registered
12,445 Posts
I have a few Ammo Crates - each holds a flat of shotgun ammo, which is 10mboxes of 12 gauge; suspect some serious handgun ammo will also fit

Reactions: Mjh

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Walmart and Harbor Freight have ammo boxes ,don't know how sturdy they are may get a HD Rubber Maid tote

·
Super Moderator
32,508 Posts
A fine start especially with the case! We have always bought ammo every trip to the gun store here if no other reason some bucks into the business and over time it builds up. Those Winchester bulk packs of pistol ammo with counts of 200 rounds have always been favorites and once things started going downhill he has ordered up more over the times especially since every incident where things went haywire he bought up more. Ferguson burns and things slow down order a case or two of whatever. We have 5.56/.223 and 12 gauge 2.75" buckshot stacked up to my butt. 7.62 x 39 a case of 1000. Pistol ammo: 9mm, .38, .357, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and .45 Colt(his favorite) we have a lot of all of those, at least 1000 of each. Not much to be bought here and on many of the ammo sites/bulk ammo sites they are out completely of so much other than Wolf and Tula which we have heard both good and bad about. With all going on now and going into the election and the aftermath we expect nothing to improve for at least a year. Every racial incident, more runs on ammo. The election...Biden wins a HUGE run on ammo, Trump wins and the same because of the protests/riots and huge runs on ammo. Reloading is far less expensive and if you have built up a supply good, BUT factory ammo can be swapped, traded and bartered with nobody seeing your reloads and wondering, how good or safe is this while with Remington/Federal/Winchester etc. they may never hesitate to swap say .45 ACP for 5.56 for a few hundred rounds going back and forth between you.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes ammo can be an investment bought most of the 9mm back when it was $8 box .I had to sell a few hundred rounds last year to help pay med bill something always comes up . A co worker was asking about ammo the other day and told him he out of luck . Couldn't help him anyway he didn't know what type of pistol , he does have a shotgun and few hunting shells .

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Guys....that's a lot of ammo!!! I don't have quite that much, but I do keep using up ammo....then buying more to replace it. I'm not expecting any mass attack. I just worry about my guns being taken away by the Gubment, if the Dems. get the Presidency, the Senate, and the House. Probably not in my lifetime, anyway.
I lost my collection when my cellar flooded , during heavy rain! They were covered with rust, and probably unsafe to shoot, too. Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts