Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unable to find Gunmate size 32 for 4" N frame.
Need to be able to clear adj rear site on model 29 4".

An alternative would be a flap type holster.
Ideas?
Michael

·
Premium Member
10,778 Posts
Look for a "N Frame" holster for a 4 inch S&W revolver.

Avoid the cloth holsters. You need something that will keep it's shape and remain open after you draw the gun, making it easy to reinsert with one hand.

I personally prefer kydex molded holsters, followed by lined leather ones.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
I carry my 460 XVR long barrel revolver in a formed (nylon) cross draw holster I bought on Flea Bay for 40 bucks delivered. the 460 is my Michigan whitetail hunt gun because under the cartridge exception it's just under the maximum allowable length. It's a hammer.

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Look for a "N Frame" holster for a 4 inch S&W revolver.

Avoid the cloth holsters. You need something that will keep it's shape and remain open after you draw the gun, making it easy to reinsert with one hand.

I personally prefer kydex molded holsters, followed by lined leather ones.
Have to be careful with holster material when hunting because of the chance of rain or wet snow.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have a nylon one with a retaining strap. I carry a S&W 22 revolver on the ranch. I will get a better holster and trash the nylon soon. It is an Uncle Mike’s holster. It is terrible and will end up in the trash.

·
Registered
22,096 Posts
I've purchased several cross draw holsters for my K and N frame revolvers. Good quality and quick/safe access to the firearm. I use my N frame cross draw holster for my 4" 28-2 and 4" 625. No flap for over the rear sight though, but have had no issues with snagging the set up when walking through the woods or brush. Pictured is the holster with my 625.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts