Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this at a local show today. Factory fired, still has powder in 3 cylinders and the barrel, stored in box 3" Chief's Special. 1990 ish?

SCSW 3rd ED says: Product code 102298 3" S TH TT FL AS SG RB. ANIB price of $500. I got it for $460. I usually compare prices with the BB of Gun Values but can't find it in my edition. Does anyone have the 30th Edition and could shed some light on the value?

I like the gun so $ is really a moot point! I do however need to do something about the Uncle Mike's Santoprene Grips. Round butt finger grooved?? rags

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Nice Snag.

I have a pair of the brushed blued steel counterparts, the 36-6.

I've mounted Magna stocks with a Tyler-T grip adaptor on each and they feet 'just right'....

I think you did very well at $460 considering the condition and completeness of the package.

Drew

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Very nice, that will make a fine carry piece.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You don't need to look anything up. 460 for that gun is grreat. I'd bet on an auction that would bring $600. just my opinion.
My one J-38 is a 3 inch , better handling and easier at the range lsk705 .

Congrats and enjoy! Allen F.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very nice. That's a great find. Be sure to keep the "rubber" grips even if you put wood on it ............. that's how they came new!!! :D

Don

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woodsltc said:
Very nice. That's a great find. Be sure to keep the "rubber" grips even if you put wood on it ............. that's how they came new!!! :D

Don
Don't worry Don! Although the grips are growing on me and do feel great, I was just thinking about something like this...

I always keep everything that came with! :) rags

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice find rags, now you need a .38 Special Shoorod for displaying it though. That .44 Mag Shoorod looks a little too big. Great photos ! Let us know how it shoots, Shoo

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've also got its blued brother, the 36-6. I put these J frame targets on it, so now it looks like a little 586. Great gun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The more I look at the 60-4 and the 36-6, I really like these "Baby L Frames" to quote a friend. I've learned allot since yesterday...Nice pics sig!!!

Can't wait to shoot it... rags

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
rags24,
That gun's a nice find indeed!
Your photos are excellent, too.
Don
kfjdrfirii

1 - 12 of 12 Posts